My Cake Buckled - Help!

Decorating By sweetsaretas Updated 24 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm by crislen

sweetsaretas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsaretas Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 4

icon_cry.gif So Im using two 9" rounds to make a purse cake. Cut the bottom partially for a flat surface. I begam to ice the cake and it began to buckle. Did I not cook it long enough or what? I kept going thinking that it wouldn't get worse. but it did!!! After applying fondant; thinking that might help, it buckled more and began to crack at the bottom where the swollen part was. My cakes have up to this point been fun and beautiful...but today was a disaster. My first attempt at a fondant purse cake. I QUIT!!!

3 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 4

I am so sorry. maybe the cake was not cooked enough or the fondant/ frosting was too heavy. Sometimes I think that cakes just flop for no good reason.

sweetsaretas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsaretas Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, I ended up cutting the bottom of the cake off and put it in the refrigerator and redecorated it. It turned out really pretty and to make up for the lack of cake I created a perfume bottle from nice left over pieces. It turned out more beautiful than my initial attempt. Thanks for responding "I LOVE CAKE CENTRAL" as soon as I get my first pay check from my new job Im donating.

crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 4

Oh... a perfume bottle! That sounds so cool! Post a photo, I'd love to see it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%