Cake Disaster Looong

Decorating By mustang1964 Updated 21 Apr 2007 , 9:25pm by qtcakes

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 1:56am
post #1 of 9

I am new to this board and this happened quit a while ago but thought I would share it.
I made a stacked wedding cake 6" 10" 14". The sisters bride insisted on picking it up even though I told her it was no longer my problem once it went out the door and I always set the cakes up. This cake was going 30 miles over a very bad road to another town.
A half hour later she calls me laughing and says she decided to go somewhere else first and hit a bump and flipped the cake over. (How do you flip a cake over that is that heavy? I could see if it had slid.) Her husband was bringing the cake back and she would just like me to frost over the whole thing and fill in the holes they wouldn't eat it. As I was trying to be nice and tell her that wouldn't be possible her husband knocks on the door.
The 6" only had one side of the cake left, the 10" looked like it had been rolled down a gravel road there were rocks and dirt all over the sides, the 14" looked like someone had put a mixer in the top and beat it.
I politely told him I would not be able to fix it so he left. Then she calls me back and asks if I know a bakery that would make one. (Three hours before the wedding.) I was trying to be nice to her and told her to call a bakery I used to work for and ask them. Then she had the nerve to ask if I would call for her. So for some stupid reason I got them to do a cake and set it up.
She called me a few days later and said she really appreciated what I did for her but she had a really funny story. After the bakery set the cake up, outside, she noticed it was breezy and decided to push down on the top to make sure it would stay on. She pushed so hard she smashed the cake. The whole time she is laughing I hope her sister thought it was funny.

8 replies
ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:03am
post #2 of 9

OMG...she sounds like a crazy woman!!! I would have loved to see her poor sisters face!
Jacqui

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:03am
post #3 of 9

Whew! With a sister like that icon_evil.gif , who needs enemies? Sounds to me like the bride's sister was purposely trying to sabotage her day, or at least the cake! icon_confused.gif

You were WAAAAY nice calling the bakery and taking care of the bride. Hopefully the bride will hear about that, and you'll probably have made a customer for life! thumbs_up.gif

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:03am
post #4 of 9

Wow----that lady is a nut! It appears to me that she intentionally ruined both cakes. How in the world did she get rocks/gravel in a cake????

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:05am
post #5 of 9

I hope her sister had a sense of humor. She sounds like a complete idot!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:07am
post #6 of 9

She's either really stupid or really hates her sister to do something like that not once, but TWICE!! My God and they allow people like that to BREED!! icon_confused.gif

By the way, WELCOME to our addiction!!!

Gail thumbs_up.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:15am
post #7 of 9

Oh my goodness! The poor bride! I'm with CreativeCakery....this sounds like she was deliberately TRYING to ruin her sister's day!

Rocks and Gravel in the cake? What is up with THAT? You were really nice to call the bakery for her! Wonder if she tried to get THEM to come back and fix the topper after she "killed" it!

WELCOME! You are going to LOVE it!

Beth in KY

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 4:49am
post #8 of 9

Hi Mustang1964! Welcome to the board. If you're anything like the majority of people here, you'll find yourself addicted to this site before ya know it! Enjoy.

As for that story, to me it sounds like this woman had something against her sister, but still wanted to make sure there was a cake (probably didn't want to be blamed for not getting one, but wanted to make sure it was not in very good condition either).

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 9:25pm
post #9 of 9

well, she certainly didnt learn how fragile cakes are with the first disaster did she?
dingbat!!
im glad she laughed about it all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%