Delivery & Set Up Fees ?

Business By apclassicwed Updated 22 Apr 2007 , 8:00pm by Sugarbean

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all--
I've been browsing this site for some time now and can't tell you how much I've appreciated all the knowledge on this board !! I have been baking/designing cakes for more than 10 years--things have really taken off in the past 2 years (since I've expanded and added wedding cakes to my offerings). I'm wondering if any one charges an additional setup and delivery fee to the cost of the cake? Usually my hubby & kids help with D&S,but I have on occasion had to have someone from a venue help me and it's good to give them some kind of tip. I even like to pay my kids, it teaches them about earning a dollar.

apclassicwed

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 8

delivery and set up is included in my price ..... and no one else touches my cakes during set-up.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:13am
post #3 of 8

I do charge for delivery and set-up. Cost depends on the distance. I am also with indydebi, nobody else touches my cakes.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 10:39am
post #4 of 8

Delivery and set up are included in all of my wedding cakes. I do charge mileage for out of town deliveries, and follow a mileage chart based on MapQuest. Local orders over $100 are delivered and set up free, as well. I'm with the other ladies...I am the ONLY one that touches my cakes for set up. I have an assistant that helps, but I am the only one setting it up. That way, I KNOW it's been done correctly and to my satisfaction.

Amy

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 11:11am
post #5 of 8

Thanks apclassicwed for posting this question. I was curious about the subject myself.

Sounds like you have made your business a family affair. At least your kids and husband can see/hear the praises you receive for your creations from your clients.

customcaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcaker Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 12:40pm
post #6 of 8

For me, I do not charge for delivery if it's local. Any town that touches my town, I consider "local". Non-local deliveries I charge anywhere from $25 to $50, depending on distance and difficulty of set up.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 8

I'm free delivery/setup for on-site events because I figure I'm already here... But, if it's within an hour round-trip normally, I charge $20.. That's FAR less than a lot of other bakers in this area are charging. The thing is to be fair in your pricing and know what others are charging for the same thing.

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 8

Delivery and Set up are included in my price. Delivery is classified as with-in city limits. Outside of the city is $1.00/km (return).

I too have nobody else touching my cake. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%