Lv Purse Cake ?'s

Decorating By mom23kids Updated 22 Apr 2007 , 5:31pm by cambo

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 10

Hi...newbie here. I want to make a LV purse cake...my first. I want to use choc BC but haven't used luster dust yet. Can someone tell me how to use it. I want to make the orig purse with the gold initials. Has anyone done that before? How do I make the initials..I'm just starting out decorating so the simpler the better...thank you in advance. icon_smile.gif

9 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 10

I have heard that some people use a stencil and apply the luster dust with a brush onto the purse. I think that would be way easier than freehanding it. I would have to assume that if you use buttercream it would have to be crusting, otherwise the stencil may be a problem for you. Or you could use fondant.

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 10

My partner and I have done a few LV purses. It has been the white with colored symbols. The cakes are covered in Fondant. We have done the LV's by hand with edible markers or we just used an airbrush. The airbrush looks smoother, but we've only used it a few times and it was acting up so it's not as neat as we would like. I made a template with stencil plastic and a pen burner (from Wal-mart) you may be able to make a stencil and then tap on the dust. I have airbrushed on BC (works great) but never dusted, the BC is to soft.

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 10

I'd like to use all BC since I haven't perfected fondant yet. Would edible markers do the trick? The cake is for fun/family...just trying out new techniques.

Suebee Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 10

Sorry, you can't draw on BC.

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:58am
post #6 of 10

I The first one I did and I didn't get a picture but I used BC. The handle and stuff was fondant. Then I used a stamp that was just a swirly design painted with food color and stamped on the sides of the purse. It was great.

I have another one this weekend & will try to get a picture. Good Luck!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 2:33am
post #7 of 10

I cut the design from a potato and use it like a rubber stamp....old school kindergarten!

Suebee Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 10

Moydear77 How did that work, I was thinking of trying that but didn't think the coloring would stick right. Let me know.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 5:13pm
post #9 of 10

I've made several LV purses....look in my gallery. I use the pin-prick method to transfer the LV emblems to the cake and them I used a Wilton tool....can't find the name of it, but it's like an embosser and three of the designs are very similar to the LV emblems! I just let the BC crust over, then gently transferred the LV emblems onto the cake and piped them on, then I added the other emblem details using that Wilton tool! Actually, the last one I made I freehanded the LV on it and it turned out great! You can do it! I'll see if I can find a pic of that embosser and post it here in a minute! Please let me know if you have any questions about the technique(s) I used....I'll be more than happy to help!
Cammie
LL
LL
LL

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 5:31pm
post #10 of 10

Found it! It's the Wilton Decorative Fondant Punch....works like a dream! Just gently press the design onto the surface of your crusted buttercream....not very hard.....VERY lightly, and remove! Now you have an outline to follow with your icing!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%