Show Support For Va Tech

Decorating By sweetsbycheryl Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 12:44pm by sbcakes

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 7

Hi fellow CCer's-
VA Tech has requested that tomorrow be a national day of mourning for what has happened on campus this week. To show support, they are asking that everyone wear maroon and orange to support the kids on that campus. Let's give them our wholehearted support!!
Cheryl in VA

6 replies
roanoker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roanoker Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 7

Please do. It has hit all of us so hard. We here in Roanoke (30 minutes from VT) have been wearing Orange and Maroon all week. On Friday we can all be Hokies.

masarost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masarost Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 7

My sincere condolences to everybody in VA - prayers being said for you here in Canada usaribbon.gif

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 7

What is this world coming to? My high school age son said there was a bomb threat at his school yesterday! Apparently the teachers and staff are not taking it seriously. I pray it's just a student joking around, but it's NOT funny!!! Our children aren't safe anywhere anymore. God bless the families of the VT kids, this is just so sad.

pamelan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamelan Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the reminder. I am from Virginia and have many friends that graduated from Tech. It is hard to imagine what they are going through. I loved college (I went to another VA school UR) so much because it was so much fun and your main concern was good grades, not worrying about your safety and your life. I have been keeping all of those kids/facultyand their families and friend in my prayers all week and will for a long time to come. We love you Hokies!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 7

I am a college student and I mourn for all of those students and families at VT tech. This should have never had to happen no matter what the previous incidents were. I feel so bad for what they are going through. I will definetly have to find some maroon and orange in their honor. It makes my heartbreak. Thank you for letting us know!

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 12:44pm
post #7 of 7

May god bless all of the victims family, friends, students and teachers who were involved in that horrific day! We will continue to pray and to offer our support in any way we can!
God Bless!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%