Cubscout Blue/gold Idea..

Decorating By bodaisy Updated 30 Apr 2006 , 11:17am by bodaisy

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 11

Could some of you genius's help me?? I have a sheet cake to make for the blue/gold dinner for cubscouts.. I was thinking of covering it in blue fondant, then somehow making a 3-d arrow of light.. How would I do that? I don't have to make that exactly. Any suggestions would be great and if I did do the arrow of light theme, what wording would I use. This is the last dinner the webelos have before moving up to boyscouts.
-should I go with the arrow theme
-should I go with a bridge (for moving up) as some of the younger dens will be there.
-should I do a mulititude of items such as: camping, swimming, boating?

thank you all very much in advance for any help
thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif
b

10 replies
bodaisy Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 11

anyone...

ffulch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ffulch Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 11

I wouldn't do a whole cake for the pack with an Arrow of Light award. The Blue and Gold Banquet is for the whole pack. I know in our pack the Pinewood derby is a great hit. You could do a cake shaped like the track with cars. Or do a camping theme, maybe popcorn. Maybe just a cake with Akela and Baloo on it.

If you want to do a cake symbolizing the Webelos 2 den moving on to Boy Scouts I would do a seperate cake for them. icon_biggrin.gif

bodaisy Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 11

i wasn't sure what to do exactly. I was thinking on incorporating the camping thing. You don't think that would look too cheesy????

But then i saw in the galleries the derby cake... that's awesome. So what If did like a half sheet cake w/ the derby track on top???

ffulch Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 11

I don't think camping would be "cheesy". That is the one reason most boys love scouting. If you did a sheet cake you could put tents, canoes, camp fire, etc on it. You could even put an archery range if you are really wanting to go all out. Think what does your son love about scouts and incorporate that. If there is time have the dens hold a contest on a theme for the cake.

Derby cars on a sheet cake would be fine. You could lable the four (five) cars Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos (Webelos 2). You could have the finish line the crossover to boy scouts and have the webelos 2 crossing over with the other dens behind in the order they have to cross over. This way you could incorporate the crossover theme.

bodaisy Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 11

oohh your good :0)

ffulch Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 11

You need to post a picture of what you decide to do. Good luck. When is the banquet?

bodaisy Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffulch

You need to post a picture of what you decide to do. Good luck. When is the banquet?

UMMMMM....saturday.. heheeee

I will post a pic ty

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 10:05pm
post #9 of 11

How about this idea -- go to the link below and check out the baseball hat cake - take Wilton Mini Sports Ball pans and make the three different hats, maybe leader/master hats also, and put them in an arrangement on top of the sheet cake. Then you would also have extra servings. Make the brims out of fondant and curve them on the side of a glass bowl or plastic container until they dry enough to place on the cake. Make emblems out of color flow and put them on right before you display the cake.

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_baseball/

Theresa

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Apr 2006 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 11

I think just a simple white frosted sheet cake with a fondant replica of the shirt, tie, etc. of the cubscout outfit would be awesome........hey, maybe even make one of the cubscout uniform, the boyscout uniform and a gumpaste bridge on the center of the cake leading from one to the other???

bodaisy Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 11:17am
post #11 of 11

here's the result. thank you everybody for your help thumbs_up.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%