Can I Use Color Mist On Mmf?

Decorating By michelleml Updated 4 May 2005 , 11:02am by tanyascakes

michelleml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelleml Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 1:08am
post #1 of 10

I made mmf and didn't add any color got rolled up in making it, rooling it and placing it on cake and then realized I didn't add color.
Any help please
icon_cry.gif

9 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 3:07am
post #2 of 10

Michelle,

I don't know if you can do the spray color. I've never heard of anyone doing that. There is fondant paints Or it might be called fondant coloring. You might be able to dip a paint brush into some food coloring gel & get some color that way. I wouldn't use too much of the color though. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 3:56am
post #3 of 10

I've seen photos of cakes where the design is actually painted on with a brush, but I don't know what kind of paint they are using. I have a picture of one saved on my computer, but since it isn't mine I guess I can't attach it here, but I found it on a google search and its a tier cake with painted purple roses on it. Looks very pretty! Janice

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 7:41am
post #4 of 10

I'm not sure about the spray. But I have heard that when painting on that some people will use their gel paste colors and a thin paint brush. It seems relatively easy. But I haven't tried it myself. Maybe if you have some left over MMF you could try it on that to see the effect you get.
Sorry that I couldn't be of more help to you.
Tanya

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 10

When I made my castle cake, I covered it in mmf and sprayed the color on. I had no problems with it whatsoever. I only spot sprayed my cake however, so I do not know how it would do if you wanted the entire cake done with the same color.

michelleml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelleml Posted 1 May 2005 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 10

It came out just fine. I wasn't sure but my son loved it I'll post a picture in the gallery
LL

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:23am
post #7 of 10

Well look at that! It does work! Great job!

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:37am
post #8 of 10

you do not need special colors to spray fondant. Colette Peters is a perfect example. I good majority of her cakes are airbrushed.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 4 May 2005 , 8:22am
post #9 of 10

Turned out GORGEOUS!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 4 May 2005 , 11:02am
post #10 of 10

That turned out so cute! Besides the spray, I love the little train tracks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%