How Long?

Decorating By Mable_21 Updated 2 May 2005 , 10:40pm by greencargirl

Mable_21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mable_21 Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone tell me how long a cake will stay fresh? It's iced with buttercream and has Fondant on it. I don't want to freeze it.
Thanks.

4 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 3:03am
post #2 of 5

Mable~

You can't put a iced cake with fondant in the frig or freezer. The fondant will break down.

Normally a cake wrapped with saran wrap & tinfoil OR in a cake storer will stay fresh for 7 days.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 May 2005 , 8:51am
post #3 of 5

I thought I read somewhere here...though I havent found it again, that as long as you put it in an airtight container you're fine.... but I do know you dont want to put the cake with fondant in the fridge..

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 5

You definitely don't want to put it in the refrigerator or the freezer (I think we have developed an echo, echo, echo...here). I have just posted in the last few days that my cake with bc icing and covered with MMF, stored in a rubbermaid cake carrier, is getting soggy after 6 days. Still edible, but the fondant is soggy and soaking into the cake.
Janice

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 2 May 2005 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 5

just let it sit out with no covering... the most that will happen is the fondant may taste a itty bitty bit stale but i highly doubt it... it creates a seal for the bc and the cake and it stays really moist inside... i have a 4 tier practice cake sitting on my kitchen table since saturday (now monday) and i don't plan on even cutting one piece till about wednesday to see how it held up... i'll wait till thursday for another one then... i want to see how far ahead i can have my wedding cake made and ready to go before the wedding so i have less to do the closer to the date icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%