Cake Flavor Advice Please.

Decorating By starra328 Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 8:32pm by Teekakes

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 6

My cousin and i are doing an Anniversary cake for her sister the only requirement was not chocolate and no fondant, that's fine but my cousin want to do a vanilla cake and white chocolate or pistachio mousse filling filling, i think the vanilla and white chocolate may be kinda boring and i don't really like doing a nut filling or coconut with the person asking for it . What do you guys think?

BTW: the decoration part is all cover it's a four tier oval cakecover in meringue buttercream have rose pink half ivory and piping over the line where the colors meet and rose and ivory calla lillies made out of gumpaste for the topper.

5 replies
mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 6

Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful cake!

I put the liquid coffee creamers in some of my French vanilla and yellow cakes. I like the French Vanilla coffee creamer with the vanilla cake. You could also add some to the buttercream icing for flavor.
There are several flavors and I picked the tip up on here. The Amaretto flavor goes great with chocolate. The Hazelnut/Caramel is good in yellow cakes. etc., etc., etc., icon_smile.gif

ikbush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ikbush Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 6

you can use whipped cream with chopped blanched almonds and pineapple as filling. It is delicious.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:30am
post #4 of 6

My sister had a french vanilla cake with a lemon curd/whipped filling...and it was spectacular..I don't even like lemon and remember loving this so much I froze 3 pieces of it for my self (after having to steal it and bring it home icon_smile.gif )

HTH
Christi

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 6

lemon cake with cream/strawberry filling, yellow cake made with pineapple juice with a bc/crushed pineapple filling, spice cake with cinnamon BC filling....

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 6

Pina Colada cake with Pina Colada filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%