Would You Believe My Final Wilton Course 3 Wedding Cake!

Decorating By Morphogirl Updated 29 Apr 2007 , 9:11pm by rlsaxe

Morphogirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morphogirl Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 64

Thanks to my great Chicago teacher Carla Watson! This is what I was able to accomplish after completing the 3 Wilton courses with her at a Joann's Fabric Superstore 2 weeks ago! I was not decorating before taking these great classes. I love decorating now!

icon_biggrin.gif Here's my cake.

On another note, I found out last week that I am one of the top 12 FINALISTS to host the Real Savvy Moms PBS TV show for a one year contract!! It's all up to friends and readers to vote for me now. If you would help me , just click my link here
Vote for Janine Here
to vote for me and see my audition tape.

You can vote once a day from today through next Friday April 20. The two new hosts are chosen by the most votes!! I am so grateful for your votes.

Thanks looking at my cake and for helping me become one of the next 2 new hosts!!
Sincerely,
Janine Greff
Chicago

LL

63 replies
sujeeart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sujeeart Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 64

your cake is beautiful. great job and congrats on finishing your class.

Aly24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aly24 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 64

It looks amazing! How did you get such a satiny finish??? Wonderful job icon_smile.gif Cake looks professional!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 64

Beautiful cake! How did you get the roses to be so big?

I voted for you so good luck!

Morphogirl Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 64

Wow, in less than a minute I got 3 replies! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks!
I used Satin Ice and colored it with Butter Yellow color. My teacher found the photo in the magazine "Wedding Reception" (at Target through May issue) put out by Beter Homes and Gardens. We both loved it and I just kept saying "I can do it". 12 hours later Voila! I used the largest wilton rose shape cutter and enlarged it on my copier I got a med and a large size I thought would work and it did. Even my teacher copied my paper templets.

Thank you for looking at my cake and for your votes too!!! I'm really excited about both!
Janine

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 64

.....ya just got my vote!!!!!....Good luck!!!!!!

Morphogirl Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 64

thanks so much! I'll let you guys know what happens!

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 64

icon_eek.gif Beautiful cake!!! Looks like you have been decorating for years! I just voted for you! Good luck thumbs_up.gif

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:39pm
post #9 of 64

Your cake is beautiful and I also just voted for you..Good Luck I hope you win, Mary icon_biggrin.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:43pm
post #10 of 64

That is a beautiful cake! Do they have a new book now or did your instructor let you do something original? I've always wanted to try doing the drapes on a cake...

Great job thumbs_up.gif

Morphogirl Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:57pm
post #11 of 64

No new wilton book. My instructor said we didn't have to do the cake with the pillars and the cascading roses on the cover of the course 3 book (I was glad). She had brought in the Wedding Receptions Magazine spring issue (put out by Better Homes and Gardens, found it at Target). She showed me how to do the drapes. Pretend you are making wide long pasta strips like for lasagna. The wider the better makes for fuller drapes (wish I had). Being careful not to touch or dent the strips with your fingers, pleat the top of a strip and attach it with clear vanilla extract. Let the end drape around the cake, no need to cut any length off. Attached ends are hidden with your flowers etc. Hope this helps.

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:00am
post #12 of 64

How cute are you?!

How does the macrobiotic thing work with cake and icing? icon_wink.gif

Morphogirl Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:13am
post #13 of 64

Ha! It's all about moderation! Macrobiotic means big life! I do not eat a macrobiotic diet. I loved learning and teaching simple ways to prepare fresh vegetables, protein, easy soups and grains and incorporating them into a gourmet healthier cooking style. It took the mystery out of all the foods they sell my Whole Foods!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:28am
post #14 of 64

yeah, I kinda wish we'd have been able to do something different from the book...well, we could have arranged them different and such but she wanted us to make all those roses. I loved the finished product but I haven't made a fondant rose since doing the 40+ roses for that cake! lol. I liked doing the roses until I got to about #15? lol I had a 3 month baby at the time icon_wink.gif

I want to try doing some larger roses like the ones in your pic though because you wouldn't need so many of them for that.

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:58am
post #15 of 64

wow.... you got my vote... i know how hard it is to decorate with kids.... and that cake is beautiful....

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 1:10am
post #16 of 64

Wow! What an amazing job. Congratulations!

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:53am
post #17 of 64

so nice!!!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:54pm
post #18 of 64

Beautiful cake!

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:15pm
post #19 of 64

Gorgeous Cake, and you got my vote!

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:19pm
post #20 of 64

Beautiful job!! I wish I lived in Chicago...Or at least visit for a few months, to take the Wilton classes there for the actual Wilton Factory, store,...Whatever it is!! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:24pm
post #21 of 64

Wow! That is beautiful!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:31pm
post #22 of 64

I had to laugh while watching your video. I thought boy if she saw my makeup bag she would stroke right there!!!!! lol

Beautiful cake and you got my vote!!!!

Lu

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 4:32pm
post #23 of 64

I voted for ya sister! Good luck and BEAUTIFUL cakes icon_biggrin.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:15pm
post #24 of 64

I have got to say that is one AWESOME cake! I wish I had a teacher as good as you had!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:25pm
post #25 of 64

Great looking cake, love the color. Glad to see another CC'er in the Chicago Area.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:35pm
post #26 of 64

Gorgeous cake! Best of luck with the contest!

Morphogirl Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 8:43pm
post #27 of 64

That's for all your great comments! Keeps me inspired to keep decorating. My goal is one a month (2 kids you know). Thanks for the votes! Everyday counts til Friday. I'll let everyone know what happens.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:24pm
post #28 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen13

Beautiful job!! I wish I lived in Chicago...Or at least visit for a few months, to take the Wilton classes there for the actual Wilton Factory, store,...Whatever it is!! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I second that!

I love your beautiful cake and you got my vote icon_smile.gif

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:25pm
post #29 of 64

yes....beautiful cake.....and so great that the instructor went outside the box during the class to let you try something different.
I firmly believe that if you BELIEVE you can do it, you can decorate any cake you set your mind to. (well...you do need a little bit of skill!)
Great job and welcome to CC.

Morphogirl Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:47pm
post #30 of 64

The Wilton store is just west of Chicago but the courses are quite pricey and you are decorating for hours and hours over a long weekend for the first courses. (my hand hurt after 2 hours of straight piping!) So much more cost effective at JoAnn's. My teacher told our class about how great this site was. I know she is a member. Does anyone know if there is a way to vote for her to be in the member spotlight? When I get out to Wilton's some day I'll let you guys know if it was worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%