Did Not Want To Jump The Gun But Now Can Give An Update-Job

Decorating By Susecita Updated 19 Apr 2006 , 9:49am by pinkopossum

Susecita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susecita Posted 16 Apr 2006 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 28

Three days after being fired (after only two days) I got my strenght to go everywhere again. I went to Sam's, Copps, high end low end bakeries. I even went to the bakery that gets placed #1 in all local papers and magazines. I went in with the same tactic: I have absolutely no experience but am willing to learn and work my way up. I got two offers and had to cancel one job interview. I have been working for two weeks at the high end bakery that always gets the top ratings! I love it. The first day, scared because of my previous experience, I was shaking and eager to please. The main decorator looked at me and said "All I want you is to stand there and practice. Pipe roses." Big difference from the other place huh? Well anyways, it doesn't seem like Im going to get fired any time soon and i have learned so much I decided to postpone Pastry School until January so I can give back to her and learn lots (and save some money so my loan for Pastry School is not so big). They make the coolest flowers here (including a ribbon rose I never heard of and have slowly mastered). I am so happy and thankful for this opp I wanted to share this with you guys. She is definitely the kind of boss I want to be someday. I wake up every day eager to go to work and look forward to the day when I actually get to decorate my own cakes for them. (I feel it coming soon) I already also see immense improvement in my speed at home and my decorating at home. The job will truly help in that. Ok enough gushing. I want to thank you all for your support and telling me not to quit.

-Sus

27 replies
sandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandie Posted 16 Apr 2006 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 28

So, does this mean you'll be teaching us how to make ribbon roses?(smile)

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 16 Apr 2006 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 28

Congrats!! Good luck and soak up all that knowledge. They will appreciate your eagerness to learn and help. Congrats again!!

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:00am
post #4 of 28

I'm so happy for you !!!!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:17am
post #5 of 28

See, sometimes things really do work out for the best. I'm so happy for you!!!

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:18am
post #6 of 28

Good management makes all the difference in a person's work experience! I am glad you have found a great employer. And cudos to you for overcoming your fear and for putting yourself right back out there! thumbs_up.gif

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 10:00am
post #7 of 28

good for you! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 11:07am
post #8 of 28

that is fantastic - congratulations

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 11:22am
post #9 of 28

congratulations on your 'dream job'. hope you learn all the tricks of the trade and pass it on to your cc buddies thumbs_up.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 11:31am
post #10 of 28

Happy for you , Sucesita. You have shown a quality that I somehow lack and that is to persevere , no matter what. That is the road to success. You are in the way.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 11:41am
post #11 of 28

Congrats to you!

texa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texa Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:08pm
post #12 of 28

This is wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing your joy -- you definitely "paid your dues" with that last 2-day job and the former boss from Hades.

I look forward to pictures of your future masterpieces! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

dolcesunshine20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcesunshine20 Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:26pm
post #13 of 28

Awwe, this is so neat!! I'm glad everything has worked out well for you!!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:32pm
post #14 of 28

How AWESOME for you!! YAAAYYY!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif Sounds like this bakery knows how to treat employees...and how cool that it's the 'better' bakery!? With such high ratings and popularity in the community, there must be TONS of stuff you can learn there! Please do share any secrets of the trade or any new, fun techniques you pick up...LOL.. icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif I am very happy for you that you were determined, and not defeated, and plugged along until you found the right place...I hope you will be very happy there for as long as you need to be there! Good luck to you! thumbs_up.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 12:42pm
post #15 of 28

YEAH!!!!

Congratulations on the job, the experience and the great employer!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:16am
post #16 of 28

Congratulations...have fun thumbs_up.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:21am
post #17 of 28

Yes, congratulations! You've inspired me since that's exactly what I'd like to do...work as an apprentice to an experienced decorated. I bet you will learn soooo much and it's great that you got a nice boss this time!
Jacqui

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:23am
post #18 of 28

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you, this is just the wonderful news I needed today. Just goes to show you how a sincere desire to succeed makes a world of difference. Best to you!

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:46am
post #19 of 28

Congratulations on the new job!!!! What a great opportunity for you, have fun while learning all you can!

Birdlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdlady Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 3:00am
post #20 of 28

Congratulations on the new job. It is so nice to hear that bakeries can see potential and take the time to give someone a chance.

I don't even know you, but am so proud of you. Koodo's for going back out. All I can say is that it is meant to be. thumbs_up.gif

Can't wait for you to share all of those tips with us.
icon_biggrin.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 3:27am
post #21 of 28

CONGRATULATIONS!!
When one door closes, another one opens and what a wonderful one at that!!

Good for you! You deserve it! icon_biggrin.gif

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 3:52am
post #22 of 28

Congratulations!!!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 4:32am
post #23 of 28

Congratulations kiddo, sounds like a great fit for you! Glad to hear it! Glad you got back up on your feet and went out and tried again, good for you! Nothing as exciting as a new job, especially when you are happy in it!
Hugs Squirrelly

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 4:43am
post #24 of 28

Congrats...You will have to teach us all the stuff you learn.

Susecita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susecita Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:28pm
post #25 of 28

Hey guys. Today was my first day of fully decorations. I loved it. I have been working on 1. getting roses down using thin consistency buttercream. 2. ribbon roses (these are made with the same 104 tip but end up looking like the ribbon roses made with fondant. I did a search online and could not find a picture) and 3. lotuses. I have the three flowers down. It's just a matter of finding the time to do them at home so I can post pictures here and show you how it's done. I agree with all the comments re: perseverance. yes. It is truly important if you want to stay in the business. OOOOH how I wish I could go back to the old boss and show her how much I've grown in a week icon_surprised.gifp

Many many many thanks to you all!

Sus

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 7:07pm
post #26 of 28

Yayay!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
I'm so happy for you. When you complete your first big solo cake, take a picture of you holding it and smiling really big. Then send it to your former employer. No need to include a note, your big smile will say it all! icon_twisted.gif

jacksjoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacksjoyce Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 10:54pm
post #27 of 28

I've always said "everything happens for a reason" and you have experienced that. Congratulations sounds like you are on the right path!

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 9:49am
post #28 of 28

congratulations!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%