Need Advice On Preparing Business Plan

Business By fallonb2000 Updated 25 Apr 2006 , 6:58pm by Vreeke

fallonb2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fallonb2000 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 8

I started forming a business plan today. I have been researching business planning software so that I can have something comprehensive for applying for loans. The Business Plan Pro Premium looks good, but I would like to know what you think about it and if you were approved for loans based on a business plan using this or other software before investing in it. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 8

You would do much better to get person to person advice. Is there a SCORE organization near you? I forget what the acronym is, but it is retired business professionals who help with this kind of thing.

You can also contact the local college for potential resources. The small business administration website has free advise on business plans.

I would recommend you try free stuff before you spend dough on software that may not really be helpful.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 8

take a look at some of the templates Microsoft has for free on it's website.

microsoft templates

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 1:05am
post #4 of 8

Definitely check your local community college or small business center. I just completed a ten week course that goes step-by-step on how to write a business plan. The cost was $85.00. This was through my local community college. Also, check out the SBA website, they have examples of all kinds of business plans. Mine is a home-based business and they have a plan reflecting that. Please don't spend money on a software program when there are people out there more than willing to give you FREE advice.
Leslie

natascharenee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natascharenee Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 1:52am
post #5 of 8

Try www.score.org.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 5:29am
post #6 of 8

I also would highly recommend SCORE. And I think the microsoft business plan template is very, very good. It's hard to beat FREE!!!!!!

Shalom,
itsacake!

StarAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarAmy Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 5:46am
post #7 of 8

I looked into this recently too, and I found that my state's Secretary of State website has a step by step website on how to start your small business business plan. It was very helpful. It gives you a realistic look at what you face. Good Luck!

Vreeke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vreeke Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 6:58pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the great info!
Does anyone have a business plan they would like to share with us, just so we can get an idea of the wording?
Thanks,
Lori V.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%