Have You Ever Seen This?

Decorating By jessielou Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 2:09am by jessielou

jessielou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielou Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 17

My sister called me this morning and asked if I have ever heard of or know where she can get Cream of Coconut. I have heard of it but don't think that I have actually ever seen it anywhere. She checked walmart and her local grocery and could only find coconut milk.....anybody ever seen this?

16 replies
itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 17

Never....

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 17

Cream of Coconut is used in alot of alcoholic drinks...so, maybe try a liquor store?

Also this link might help you out....there's a difference between coconut cream and cream of coconut! Who'd have figured!

http://www.ochef.com/597.htm

HTH! thumbs_up.gif
Gail

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 17

ooooh, that would be goooood in a cake. Yummm

jessielou Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 17

wow! you guys are fast thumbs_up.gif Thanks! And a cake is actually what she needs it for....a paula dean recipe. Yellow cake with a mixture of cream of coconut and swt. con. milk poured over it. cool whip and coconut for topping.....sounds YUMMY to me!!!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 17

They have cream of coconut at Walmart....it's back where the margarita "mixers" are for alcoholic drinks....on the top shelf in our Walmart. I use it when I make a coconut cream cake!

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 17

I use it in my pina coladas. Its in the ethnic food section of my grocery store.

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 17

It's normally by the mix drink stuff in the store, walmart, heb, etc.... the one I always get is in a can w/ a picture of a pina coloda galss w/ a bird on it... hth

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:57pm
post #9 of 17

Here in Puerto Rico we have two brands: Coco López and Goya. They carry the coconut cream(sweetened) and cream of coconut(unsweetened)

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 10:09pm
post #10 of 17

I have seen both the coco lopez and goya in the local grocery stores. They are usually in the international foods aisle...so yummy!!

hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 10:16pm
post #11 of 17

I've used Goya! It's great with pineapple juice and a little rum icon_smile.gif.... but it sounds drool-worthy in a cake.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 10:26pm
post #12 of 17

That is a really good cake. I can only do a little at a time because it is so sweet. Make sure you put a lot of holes in it so the cream gets in every bite. I can always find it down the ethnic isles near the mexican area.

jessielou Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:58am
post #13 of 17

Thank you everyone!!! I called and told her where to find it and now I think I am going to try that cake for myself this weekend icon_wink.gif

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:56am
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibugs

That is a really good cake. I can only do a little at a time because it is so sweet. Make sure you put a lot of holes in it so the cream gets in every bite. I can always find it down the ethnic isles near the mexican area.

I love the density of WASC. I really want to make this coconut cake. Will it be mushy/too moist after the cake absorbs the coconut liquid mixture?

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 2:47am
post #15 of 17

I have two cans in the fridge & had forgotten about them. I am going to try this in something.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 5:57am
post #16 of 17

It's kinda like the jello cake. It's not mushy but it is moist.

jessielou Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:09am
post #17 of 17

OH my goodness! I tried this cake today and it is sooooooo YUMMY!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%