Help..guinea Pig Cake???

Decorating By Tat Updated 24 Apr 2006 , 5:01pm by KHalstead

Tat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tat Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 21

icon_biggrin.gif I'm not joking, I've just had a request for a standing up guinea pig cake? Anyone ever done one of these???? I am at a total loss icon_eek.gif

20 replies
AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 21

Wow, never seen that before. I wish I can help, i'm still a newbie myself. Good luck.

But I'll bump you up some more so that the experts can help. ~Josie icon_smile.gif

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 21

Are you serious?!?!? This is hilarious!!! I would think you could maybe use six inch cakes stacked then carve them in the shape of a ginnea pig. Or maybe if you are creative and want a challenge. I think it might be possible to get away with using the stand up teddy bear cake pan and carving out of that so you don't have to carve as much. It could work?!? PM me and let me know how it all turns out. Check out photos of ginnea pigs on the net to get an idea of how to carve it. I can't wait to see pictures of this!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 21

Does it have to be standing up???

Here are a few pictures ... You could use a loaf cake and carve it or use 3-d bear and carve it down...

http://www.freebears.com/store/media/hamster-htc3739t.jpg

http://www.folkmanis.com/imagefilesA/hamster.JPG

OK I ran across these and had to post them OMG HOW FUNNY!!!!
LL

Helendelk Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 21

lol!
LL

Tat Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 21

OMG!! Helendelk, that is too funny. I know I about couldn't control my face when they asked about this cake. In fact, I did excuse myself long enough to regain my composure. I guess they love guinea pigs. I told them I'd have to think on it. Hmm....I might be thinking a while. Thanks so much to all of you for the support and the suggestions. I've gotta experiment with this one. I guess it could be done...but what I want to know...is.....WHO IS GOING TO EAT THAT THING?????? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Helendelk Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 21

OK OK OK I got it... see if they would go for something like this...

It's do-able!!
LL

Tat Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:24pm
post #8 of 21

That's a good idea, but look at that poor little thing. You can see it in his eyes...he know's he's going to be eaten...Look at that little face icon_cry.gif

Helendelk Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 21

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif HAHAHAHA icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jewels97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels97 Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:36pm
post #10 of 21

You have to make this one out of Red Velvet cake.

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:40pm
post #11 of 21

ohhhhh..that ballerina guinea pig is toooooo cute!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tat Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:49pm
post #12 of 21

icon_surprised.gif RED VELVET CAKE!!!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Cry me a river!!!!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:58pm
post #13 of 21

Okay, I'm pulling a 'doug'! LOL (I mean that kindly, doug!) Here's my thoughts, with a drawing to illustrate. Start with a wonder mold cake and carve. (see pic) My first thought was to just carve out the guinea pig, but then I thought, maybe you should leave some extra cake around the bottom, and make it look like some greenery behind him. (This way you don't have to frost his butt either icon_razz.gif ) That would maybe make him more stable for standing too.
LL

Tat Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:00pm
post #14 of 21

Excellent idea!!! Thanks momsandraven. Thanks!!! icon_lol.gif
This one is off the charts for me...I need all the help I can get.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:46pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsandraven

Okay, I'm pulling a 'doug'!

LOL! icon_lol.gif

hmm is this going to be a new offical term here??

and btw....ya dun gud w/ your sketch!...really like it.

(and the one in the flower pot is just too cute!...oh no....they're going to ......)

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 9:24pm
post #16 of 21

Thanks Doug! tee-hee!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

JCH4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCH4 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 1:37pm
post #17 of 21

Check out SharonWilkins Easter bunny basket cake in the Easter gallery. It has a bunny on top that can easily be made into a guinea pig! (I used to have guinea pigs, cute little things but I wouldn't want a cake of one!) Anyway, she said she used the stand up Pooh pan. Good luck! icon_lol.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos_display_22_-33541.html

bekahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahd Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 2:15pm
post #18 of 21

Thanks for the good belly laugh. Those poor critters *always* look like they're about to pass out from nerves, anyway. Now we have to actually give them good reason to?! HEHEHEHEHE... DH will LAAAAUGH!

brittanyshayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittanyshayne Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 2:25pm
post #19 of 21

You could do the 3D bunny cake and cut off the ears.

button-moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
button-moon Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 12:14pm
post #20 of 21

these groundhogs are cute...could you not do the guinea pig pepping out of something...like grass or a bush?
LL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 5:01pm
post #21 of 21

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=rabbit&cat=0&pos=35&search=rabbit

what about asking socake how she made this??? When I first saw it I thought IT WAS a guinea pig....if the ears were smaller it would be a dead ringer!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%