Please Help Me With A Price For Fundraiser

Baking By freddyfl Updated 13 Apr 2007 , 2:50am by giovanna

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 10

Okay, I have made some cookies for practice and people have asked me what I would charge. I really have no idea as I am a home baker and just do it for family and for fun. Anyways, our church is going to do some fundraising, and I thought that maybe I could make some cookies and sell them to people at my husbands work or at my kids school (to the teachers) or at church. The cookies are about 6 to 7 inches high. I would probably do a few different styles of cookie. I will attatch some sample pictures. I was thinking somewhere between the lines of 5 to 10 dollars each, since it will be for fundraising. What do you all think?
LL
LL

9 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 10

Wow!!! Those are amazing. I would definitely say at least $5 each or a little more, depending on what type of area you are in.

I know that a ton of work goes into that detail that you do but I still think a lot of non-cookie/cake people would get sticker shock for a $10 cookie - even though it would be a fundraiser and your work is worth it!

freddyfl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks. They are big cookies, so that is what I was hoping would make it worth their money. =) Here is another pic to give an idea of scale. If that makes pricing easier.
LL

freddyfl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 10

bumpity bump bump...anyone else?

kdkamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdkamp Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 10

I would say around $7 because of size and detail. Did you use royal icing? And did you free hand everything? They look great!!

freddyfl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 10

Yes, it is all royal and all freehanded. I cut the cookies by hand as well, meaning that I didn't use a cookie cutter.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 10

Wow what great cookies you have! icon_eek.gif

I have not sold cookies, but others on the threads swear by $1 an inch. But since you are free cutting them I would go $10 a piece. They really are unique, one of a kind custom cookies.

maladymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maladymay Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 10

Those are so friggin cute!!! I would definately go with no less than $8/each. People will buy them for two reasons. One, because they are for a fund raiser, so it seems like people are a little more generous when its for things like that, and two because they're so adorable!

freddyfl Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 1:32am
post #9 of 10

Thank you everyone for the responses. My husband said, "maybe 5 dollars" So I think I would have to go on a cookie by cookie basis. =0)

giovanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giovanna Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:50am
post #10 of 10

Those are amazing!!!!! I would say no less than $7 - I agree that you don't want to shock people, they are worth $10 easy but those who don't do cookies probably couldn't comprehend the time and effort that goes into them. I'm feeling $8... yeah, that's what I'm gonna go with icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%