Mocha Frosting/icing

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 2 May 2005 , 1:53am by 2cakes

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone! I'm looking for a good mocha frosting or icing recipe. I went to CC search and found the mocha cream frosting. Has any one try this recipe? and was it creamy? I need the recipe for my yellow cake and I'm putting strawberries between the layer once It has been frosted/icing then I plan on putting strawberries on top as the finishing touch. Thank you!

5 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 6

Heres one that I had from a family member, but dont know which family member or how it tastes... I imagine its great because I know my mum-mum used to love coffee and she had it... but the card this is off of isnt her writing....so I dunno

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons strong coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream butter and sugar together, stir in cocoa, coffee and vanilla extract. Add a bit more icing sugar if needed. Mix until smooth and of spreading consistency. Double this recipe for a large layer cake.

2cakes Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 3:20am
post #3 of 6

Hi flayvurdfun! Thank you so very much for the recipe. I'll give it a try this weekend, cause I need to make a cake next Friday.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 5:26am
post #4 of 6

I am not sure if I could make it... only because I really dont know what strong coffee is.... I cant tell the difference between the right strength or the strong strength, but for sure can tell the difference when its weak.... I've had expresso, and still I dont see or feel the difference... but it does sound good huh?

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 5:45am
post #5 of 6

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it is very yummy. I take my regular buttercream recipe (I use the 1/2 butter, 1/2 crisco recipe) and instead of water, I use mocha caramel liquer. This frosting is so yummy that I can't hardly keep hubby out of my frosting while I am decorating my cake. The only negative thing about this recipe is that since the mocha caramel liquer is a tan color(think cafe au lait), it tints your frosting slightly; instead of white, you get eggshell or "antique white" color. Be aware that this is a liquer, therefore contains alcohol.

2cakes Posted 2 May 2005 , 1:53am
post #6 of 6

Hi sweeterbug1977! Thank you for the recipe, except that I can't use alcohol in my baking. If I can use something else in place of the liquer, it would probably work. Thanks again. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%