Customer Service?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 26 Apr 2005 , 12:58pm by 2cakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 5:27am
post #1 of 12

Hi, everyone. I recently ordered form Sugarcraft-highly reccommended site. I had simply asked the question about whether or not they could find some way for APO users to track thier orders. I got a snooty email reply from one of their customer service reps about how they only ship on Saturday (I got that already) and how they have to stand in the post offices "hour long lines" just to ship my order to me. Don't email her again unless I don't receive my order within 30 days!! I couldn't believe it!! She sounded so uppity. I only asked a simple question. I am the customer, right? And I gave them business and my $$! I honestly thought about sending her a nasty gram back. But I am trying to be civil about it. I was just wanting to see if there was a way for me to track the dang thing myself!! Oh, I am so mad!!! icon_mad.gif Thanks for letting me vent.
Tanya

11 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 5:51am
post #2 of 12

most businesses I have done business with say the same thing...that it is not normal practice to have tracking numbers for APO orders....why? well they are actually responsible for shipping from their business to the address....sounds simple right? not really...our addresses over here are not a normal address...APO mail goes to a military leased/operated building in New York... legally the business is only responsible to there.... the military takes it from there.... and because of that it can take much longer to get to us.... when companies take responsibility for further its a gratituty to us... that is why you will find some businesses NOT shipping to APO...this is what the businesses have told me, and the military post office. take Dell for instance.... even through AAfes they dont ship to APOs....Unless you purchase a longer warranty... We have bought this computer and our laptop from them, and we had to make a longer warranty to do so... another thing I have been told by companies.. it takes extra time for them to fill out the customs forms that are supposed to be on a package over here. They feel they should get more money just to do that...but because the company supports the military they dont.... I have been told that also by ebay sellers....... JUST ONE MORE REASON I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK TO REAL CIVILIZATION.

tanyascakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 6:01am
post #3 of 12

Thanks, Flayv! I understand all of that. I have been doing this a while. But why would you email like that to a new customer. All she had to say was that there was no way to track it. I didn't need to hear about the long post office lines. She acted like she was doing me a favor. If that is the case, I will just ship it to my sister in Viginia. At least she won't give me attitude about it. Maybe I am just taking it the wrong way. But I was doing fine with the 1st lady I "talked" to. I don't know where this other one came from. They told me to email back if I had any questions, so that's what I did. Oh, well, I just hope to get my stuff in this lifetime. I mean the shipping did cost more than the items I ordered!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 6:04am
post #4 of 12

I am so disappointed in them! They've always been so good to me. Sorry Tanya. Maybe they were having a bad day.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:01am
post #5 of 12

Ya know Tanya...really I do.. I understand where you are coming from! I turn into the wicked witch of the west when I get treated that way...
I have to say they have been good to me too, but I also know they have been difficult to with me as well..... because of the APO......I bought a pattern book from them....actually I bought more, but one in particular.... I first got the wrong book, they told me to send it back... I did they supposedly sent out another to replace it... but never got it...they wont replace it, told me I had to go through the military post office to get my money back....but the military post office makes it really hard to do that... and for whatever I paid for the pattern book is not worth all the hassles...but I have since ordered from them and gotten what I ordered...

tanyascakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:29am
post #6 of 12

Thanks, you guys. I have overall had a good experience with them. It was just this one time with this particular woman. I am hoping to receive everything in the next week or so. I was really hoping to have some gold luster dust for hubby's cake. Will have to keep my fingers crossed. I likely just caught this lady on a bad day. I know I have had some myself! icon_smile.gif

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:48am
post #7 of 12

Hi Tanya! Sorry that you had to experienced the problem with a representative, but what I have learned with people in the business world that are so rudely on the phone especially if you are the customer and you are paying for a service, I would get their full name if you can, date and time of the conversation, nature of the matter, the supervisor or manager full name and even an extension phone number where they can be reached and send a letter of compliant to either one of them keeping a copy of the letter for yourself. Hopefully someone will get back to you with an answer and sometimes the manager or supervisor give you a coursecy of a discount on merchanise or even a percentage off your next order. I had an experience on Monday with the post office where I am renting a mailbox and my rental is due to expired end of this month. Well, they will be loosing a good customer at the end of this month, cause I had a rudely person on the phone whom I spoke to the beginning of this month about my forwarding mail after submitting a change of address form to them. They said that the change of address has reached them and today, I found out that a change of address card was never sent, so therefore, they (post office) having been sending all my mail back to the sender instead of leaving it in my mailbox for pickup. I believe they are suppose to leave mail in your mailbox for at least 30 days, before sending it back to the senders. I called a 800 number and compliant to someone about it and someone is suppose to call me back within one business day. I will be going another post office and filling a compliant against the post office where my PO box is at. I had already paid for the service for 6 months, which is due to expired at the end of the month. Life is too short to be bother with all the foolishness of rudely people. Always document all the facts before filling a compliant or contacting a manager or supervisor that way you would be ready when taking the necessary steps.

tanyascakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:53am
post #8 of 12

Thanks for the advice, 2cakes. I think that I will just let this one slide, this time. But should I experience another time like this, I will complain. I will just see how my stuff makesit here. And if it isn't good, I will contact the company. Thanks again. icon_smile.gif
Tanya

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:54am
post #9 of 12

Wonder if I might add my thoughts on this? I do not live overseas and don't really know how things are done in that sense, so I'm just saying how I would feel if it was me.
They wouldn't get my business, period. Then I would find another source to purchase from. Principal, Principle...never did get that one right in English class. You would think that customer service in the correct way meant more customers...obviously not. Bad day or not, word gets out like that about a place and people start avoiding them.
I probably would also have written a letter of complaint about this particular "associate" along with a copy of what was sent to you.
Here locally there are a few places I refuse to shop at just because of bad customer service and attitudes towards the customer, who used to right. I can just as well spend my hard earned money where they appreciate me spending it instead of where they treat customers and potential customers like that.
Please don't take me wrong, I'm just saying what I believe in and why, if I want something that bad, would I let myself be treated in such a way?
Okay, enough said from me....I'll be quiet now!

tanyascakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:17am
post #10 of 12

Thanks, jscakes. I totally get what you are saying! That was my first thought today. And since this was only in an email, there was only a first name shown for this associate. I was hoping to find a good supply place that will ship overseas in a reasonable amount of time. And I had heard so many good things about this place, so I used them. I will have to wait to see if this affects the order I placed. ButI am hoping that it won't. I will try to stay on the lookout for other potential suppliers. I do appreciate all of your comments. Didn't mean to take up so much time on this subject. Let's get back to cakes, okay. icon_biggrin.gif So what is everyone baking now?
Tanya

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 12:56pm
post #11 of 12

I just wanted to say that I placed my first order with Sugarcraft on Thursday AM and it arrived yesterday

The "problem" with APOs is that you can't ship to them via UPS (I think).

Sugarcraft probably has a regular UPS pickup at their store, so shipping with them is pretty much a breeze.....they package it up, slap a label on it and wait for the big brown truck to come get it....then the UPS guy is in & out in 2 minutes and they only have to stop to sign a form and pay one big bill for shipping charges in a month.

With an APO - they DO have to have someone take it to the PO, wait in line, let them know if anything is flammable, pressurized/aeresol, etc (in case it is going on a plane) then pay the guy and drive back to the store. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it also depends on the PO. If I go to my local little rinky dink post office, I am usually in & out in a minute....but if I go to the one on the other side of town (my local one closes for lunch every day), I can almost guarantee a 10-20-minute wait

Regardless of their hassle though, there is no reason for them to be rude to you. But I would just like to say that I was VERY happy with my first and only order with them!

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 12:58pm
post #12 of 12

Hi tanyascakes! You are quite welcome. Have a pleasant day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%