Cookie Company Closed Their Business

Baking By surfergina Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm by MichelleM77

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:09am
post #1 of 14

I was shocked to see that the well-known cookie design company, The Sweet Dreams Baking Co., has closed their doors for good. You can see it for yourself by clicking on this link below:
http://www.sweetdreamsbaking.com/index.html

I wonder why? Their cookies looked beautiful and professionally well-done. They should be making alot of money by then. I don't get it.

13 replies
nsouza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsouza Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:15am
post #2 of 14

Their cookies are beautiful! Maybe their orders started to slow down.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:18am
post #3 of 14

That's really sad... I am not familiar with them, but just by visiting that link, it looks like they were actually offering some beautiful cookies. I am sad to see them closing. Perhaps there is a multitude of reasons, but we may never know. I wish the best for them!

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:19am
post #4 of 14

That's a shame. icon_sad.gif Always hate to see a fellow cookie lover go under. Maybe it was for personal reasons and not financial? As you said, their cookies were really very good.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:21am
post #5 of 14

what gorgeous cookies!

It may not be a negative reason for closing to the public though...perhaps they are only doing wholesale or supplying another company full-time...you never know.
icon_wink.gif

mangiamangia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mangiamangia Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #6 of 14

I hope it is what antonia74 suggests. It would be really disheartning to see a company with that much talent fail for some reason, financial or otherwise.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 14

WOW! Beautiful cookies! I'm not sure where they're located, but they weren't charging near enough for that kind of work! Just beautiful...and sad to hear....although I hope it's something similar to what Antonia74 stated....their corporate cookies are out of this world!

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 12:36pm
post #8 of 14

I'm really saddened by their closing, too. Such talent and quality of work! Good luck to them, whatever path they have chosen.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 12:38pm
post #9 of 14

They really do extraordinary work!

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 1:20pm
post #10 of 14

hmm I can't even get to look at their cookies--dern. Their front page cookies look gorgeous.

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:47pm
post #11 of 14

I had to agree with Antonia - their cookies are too gorgeous to let the business go. I hope they'll keep their talents and be successful in near future.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 3:04pm
post #12 of 14

You know, it doesn't look like they have closed -- looks like they just revamped the company. Am I wrong?

mezzaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mezzaluna Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 14

The cookies are lovely! I can't believe that they are so cheap!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm
post #14 of 14

I wonder if someone else bought the company and kept the website the same. Weird.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%