Supplies

Decorating By heathcombs Updated 4 May 2005 , 5:13pm by gateaux_beau

heathcombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathcombs Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 11

Where is the best place to get supplies? I'm just getting started and need as much info as possible. Are Hobby Lobby and Michael's as cheap as anywhere else? Thanks!

10 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 11

there is also joanns, and you can also go to walmart and target... I have seen things there too!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 11

I don't have a Michaels near by but I understand that they usually have a 40% off any item coupon in the paper quite often and you could use that to purchase the more expensive things......Hobby Lobby puts their Wilton products on sale twice a year, early in the year and then again near the end of the year......our Hobby Lobby already had their sale for the first part of the year so I'll have to wait until later this year to stock up....they generally put everything on sale for 40 to 50% off at that time.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 11

If you're going to be needing lots of supplies, you might want to order online since the selection is so much better. The prices usually are too except for shipping but if your going to be ordering a lot it's worth it.

Try www.sugarcraft.com

It can be a little overwhelming cause they have soooo much. I get lost just browsing--lol!

Justcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justcakes Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 11

You can also try http://www.globalsugarart.com They have great customer service. thumbs_up.gif

rachelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelj Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 11

I use http://www.pattycakes.com -They have a wide variety, and their shipping charges are really reasonable. Plus, they are located in NY, and I am in NJ, so shipping seems nice and fast.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 10:48pm
post #7 of 11

For fun, cool, and unique stuff check out www.pastrychef.com they have soo many cool toys that I want but can't have icon_cry.gif

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 11:10am
post #8 of 11

check your phone book for a cake supplys store most times there worth the drive I was in walmart and they are carring alot of fondnt items now and pans look out michaels wally world is cheaper!

mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 11

Yeah, when I first started in my cake decorating endeavour, I went to Walmart and dropped a pretty penny in there...I then went to the Michaels around the corner to sign up for the course, I looked at their prices, pulled out my Walmart receipt and needless to say, if I MUST buy Wilton products, I'll be goin to Walmart. One downfall though, Walmart does not have as large a selection...but your basics, you can't go wrong with Wally World

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 8:21am
post #10 of 11

I like me some wally world to start with and now that they are selling more cake items and that is the cheapest place to buy buter. just if they had better powder sugar. I stick wiht me C&H. the wilton colors are way cheap there

gateaux_beau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux_beau Posted 4 May 2005 , 5:13pm
post #11 of 11

Cincinnati Cake And Candy Supplies

Largest selection on the web.

http://www.cincicakeandcandy.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%