Strawberry Filling

Decorating By chocomama Updated 8 Apr 2006 , 2:31am by sdfisher

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 1:00am
post #1 of 4

A customer wants "strawberry goo" (her name for it) for a filling and told me that it's basically forzen strawberries in syrup that I can get at the grocery store. I guess she really likes it - has anyone tried it? I'm concerned that it will make the bottom layer really wet. What does everyone think? I saw this recipe http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1927-51-Strawberry-Cake-Filling.html and it sounds similar. ?? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:19am
post #2 of 4

*bump*

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:24am
post #3 of 4

Definately don't use the straight from frozen strawaberries in syrup. You are right it will make the cake very soggy. Its fine if your making and serving it within the hour, but any longer it just gets gross!

I used the recipe you referred to and it was perfect. The only thing I did different was added some strawberry jam.

sdfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfisher Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:31am
post #4 of 4

I make a strawberry filling that people really like a lot.

2cups granulated sugar
6T cornstarch
2lbs frozen strawberries

I make this in an 8cup measuring cup...

Stir the cornstarch into the sugar....make sure it is mixed really well with the sugar. Put the 2lbs of frozen strawberries in the cup....microwave for 7 minutes.....remove from microwave and stir.....put in for another 7 minutes....stir again....microwvace for 3 min......let set about 10 min and microwave for another 3 minutes. It thickens some as it cools....chill.....it is really good and can be frozen after it cools....I usually put it into freezer bags with enough for a 9x13 cake.....then freeze it!

Cheersk,
Shirley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%