Cake Pan Questions

Decorating By Taigen Updated 8 Apr 2006 , 2:28am by izzybee

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 6

Today I used my Michaels coupon to get the set of 3 square pans (16, 12 & 8") and in the future want to pick up the round ones. Daughter wants a square base with a round top for the wedding cake.
My question is....there are two sets of rounds, a four tier (2" depth) and a 3 tier (3" depth" which is better to have and why the difference? All sets seem to come in 3" except the square set I got today. Did I get the wrong thing?

And my BIGGEST question............where the heck am I gonna hide this stuff????? icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 6

In the closet!!!!!!

I've only used the 2" pans. But, if dd wants a TALL cake, use the 3". But, I would get the 2", if you ever wanted a taller cake, you could collar the pan.

Good Luck!!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 6

I think the 2" square is nice then you can have double layers too if you want. I love the 3" rounds you just tort them and have such nice height. It is personal preference which you want.

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 6

hahahaha thanks!! If you get the 2" you do get the extra "mini" pan so I was leaning towards those. Just wasn't sure what is typically used for wedding cake. She doesn't want a tall cake, just the two bottom layers bottom and two round layers.....total 8" max...no colums
We should start a thread "best hiding spots for decorating equipment"!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 6

Is this your first wedding cake?

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:28am
post #6 of 6

What's nice about the 3" pans is you can make a three layer cake out of one, instead of making 2 pans for a 4 layer. Does that make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%