Does Anyone Know?

Decorating By bunzie Updated 5 Apr 2006 , 2:33pm by rlm5150

bunzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunzie Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 1:14am
post #1 of 9

I am doing a Little People construction cake for my son's 3rd b-day. I need little orange traffic cones, anybody have any ideas? I've searched a little online but never find what I'm looking for.

8 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 1:20am
post #2 of 9

Well....you should be able to make some out of buttercream...if not, I'm sure you could make some out of fondant.

If you don't like those ideas...maybe you could make some out of orange paper or something and cover them in contact paper...I don't know.....hmmm....have you checked the local bakeries..they might have a construction set or something.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!icon_smile.gif

4cardsfanz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4cardsfanz Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 1:22am
post #3 of 9

You could also cover the ends of a small waffle cone and cut them to size. I don't know if the cone would fall apart though if you cut them small. Let me know what you come up with. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

cookieclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieclaire Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 1:31am
post #4 of 9

I agree mound some buttercream on top of a square of chocolate or make them out of orange candy melts. A shaped baby carrot might work....for a healthy option icon_eek.gif . Good luck
LL

cookieclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieclaire Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 1:31am
post #5 of 9

I agree mound some buttercream on top of a square of chocolate or make them out of orange candy melts. A shaped baby carrot might work....for a healthy option icon_eek.gif . Good luck
LL

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 3:38am
post #6 of 9

I say dip some "bugles" chips in orange candy melts. Should be about the right size for a cake.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 3:51am
post #7 of 9

What a great idea with the "bugles", peacockplace!

Another thought, with a little trimming a "kiss" might also work. Janice

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 3:58am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

I say dip some "bugles" chips in orange candy melts. Should be about the right size for a cake.

That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read her post...quick and easy. For the bottom, just cut some fondant or gumpaste squares.

rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 2:33pm
post #9 of 9

Check the toy aisle at WalMart. Usually in the $5- $10 aisle by the baby toys they have sets. You can see what I'm talking about on the army base cake pix in my profile. I just bought a set of toys and used them as the decorations and it was a two for one deal. My son got the army base cake that he wanted and got a new set of cars.
You can find many different sets.
Good luck.
Tabby

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%