I'm Up, Easter Bunny Has Been Here.....

Decorating By gilpnh Updated 9 Apr 2007 , 12:00am by CherylAnn

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:42am
post #1 of 16

and in the dark at that, he has to get out pretty early to beat my kids, neighbors were laughing at me. icon_rolleyes.gif Egg dying cups and icing bowls piled high in the sink. Start coffee cake in a few minutes. My DH will have to properly thank me later icon_wink.gif

But right now, here I am in the blessed quiet, sipping a mug o hot chocolate out of my favorite cow mug and checking in on my CC buddies.

May God Bless You this Easter, I know he has me.

15 replies
berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 16

Well, Easter has started out rocky. My little guy has a cold (well, we both do) and was up at 4:30 am. I tried to go back to bed and to get him to sleep, but I gave up at 6 am.

My older son (10.5) just got up and found his easter basket (did those last night). We don't do eggs until everyone is up, so not usually until 10 am (now that DS is older we can do that and the little one is too little to know anything about it yet).

I made traditional Croatian Easter Bread (called Pinca (Peentsa) or Cirnica (tseerneetsa) for an army last night (makes good gifts)... I'll bake the ham later, but right now I'm just waiting to go back to bed, to be honest as I went to bed at midnight and was woken about hourly.

Melissa

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 16

My easter is going to be pretty quiet just me and the lil guy in my avatar lol my furry baby. DH has to work today till quite late and my dd is having easter sunday at the in laws. I dont mind gives me all day to myself and my cc addiction icon_lol.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 16

Easter bunny has left here too. When else do you get the eat the ears and head off a choc. bunny BEFORE breakfast!!

And I am sure if that rabbit had known we would be having SNOW today he would have thought twice about the bicycle that is currently being drove around in my livingroom!! icon_cry.gif

May everyone remember the true reason for this easter morning.

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 16

It has been a quiet and and wet Easter so far for me. I'm sitting here watching my son eat candy for breakfast (only on Easter) and I'm drinking a cup of coffee.

My thought...my son will go to children's church today instead of "big church". I highly doubt he will be able to contain himself after a pure sugar overload!

I wish you all a very Happy Easter. What a wonderful holiday we celebrate!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 16

"the bunnies came" my 4 year old DD (well 4 tomorrow) exclaimed as she ran into our room and woke her 5 1/2 week old brother up at 0645.... but hey, it happens once a year. I thought it was cute she referred to them as the bunnies! So I got up and got moving around.... fed the baby and turned out the computer only to find my Easter present... 40% off of wilton at Hobby Lobby... I was soooo happy.

I am glad to see everyone else is having a good morning... God bless all of you and your families... we will be heading to service soon, after DD eats some of her candy corn and tootsie rolls, her favorites!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 16

the easter bunny decided to post my gift this year and it got here on thursday.
no chocolate, mum knows that i can get better stuff out here. Plus I dont eat chocolate anymore.
It was a quiet easter with just me being home for most of the day

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 16

Happy Easter to Everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

Joanne usaribbon.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 16

This is kind of a sedate Easter for me. My first with NO children and no Easter baskets to take care of. icon_sad.gif My two oldest are grown and out of the house and my youngest, my DD, is in Paris with her French class for Spring break. DH is working dayshift, but will be home at 5:00 pm to have dinner. I have my mom, two brothers and SIL coming, so it will be a good day. Just not the kind I'm used to.

Happy Easter to you all and God bless. icon_lol.gif

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:31pm
post #10 of 16

Happy Easter Everyone!!! Mine wasn't to bad to start with. The little one (2) thought she didn't have a basket and older sister got one. When she found it she was thrilled. Now I am making pies and getting frustrated but they will have to do. When I make stuff for my inlaws I feel that it has to be perfect.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 16

We were going to have a quiet Easter with the kids-just baskets, no dinner. At 7:30 this morning I talked to my dad, busy making dinner for family and friends in Indiana. I got homesick, went to the store and bought a ham; came home and made deviled eggs, potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, and sweet potatoes (my favorite part of dinner). All finished and ready to eat at 1:00. LOL I even made a bunny jello cake. <sigh> Next year I'm not even going to think that I won't be making dinner...just do it! icon_biggrin.gif

SweetTcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTcakes Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm
post #12 of 16

Having a not so sunny easter in sunny California. Great day for the easter bunny though. went to bed a 2am working on my cake for today. Had to help the bunny with the eggs -n- such at 6am. My 6year old got up at 7:30am really excited telling us where the eggs were hidden.My nine month old sleeped through the hunt, but woke up to see what was in her basket, she was really happy too. Didn't matter that I didn't get much sleep as long as my kids are happy. Happy Easter everyone, I hope it is wonderful for you all.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 5:18pm
post #13 of 16

EB does not visit us anymore. He only brings candy, and we prefer brownies. Chocolate fudge, caramel blondies, raspberry, rocky road.

It snowed here this morning. It is cold, with a predicted high temperature of only 39 degrees. I have seen warmer Easter holidays in March than today is.

But I am still glad to be here, rather than up in the northern Great Lakes region, where the upper mid-west had 31 inches of snow over Thursday and Friday (info source - weather channel). I have not watched it long enough to see if they had more since then. I hope all our members from that region are well, and that it melts as quickly as it came.

Happy Easter and Blessed Passover!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 6:02pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Easter bunny has left here too. When else do you get the eat the ears and head off a choc. bunny BEFORE breakfast!!

And I am sure if that rabbit had known we would be having SNOW today he would have thought twice about the bicycle that is currently being drove around in my livingroom!! icon_cry.gif

May everyone remember the true reason for this easter morning.

I heard from my boys in Wheeling, snow there too. Doesn't W.Va know it's Spring?

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 8:07pm
post #15 of 16

It's a rainy Easter here in So Cal. Easter Bunny left the eggs out last night and some of them in the grass were invaded by slugs! Note to Easter Bunny: check the weather report before placing eggs outside! icon_surprised.gif

Oldest daughter (is 4 1/2) woke up at 4:30am, found her basket and proceeded to carry it over to the night light and check out what was in there. Luckily, she came to our room, woke me up, and let me know what the Easter Bunny Brought her before eating all the candy! I convinced her to go back to bed. Thank goodness it worked.

We enjoyed Monkey Bread for breakfast and I made a Mexican Chocolate Buttermilk pound cake to take to dinner tonight at my moms. And I just had to try out my new Oreo cookie molds, so I did a few of those too! Gotta love when someone else is taking care of the meal and you just have to bring dessert! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Easter Everyone!

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:00am
post #16 of 16

So glad everyone is having a great easter. Mine was just another day... of sorts no kids and the dog doesnt care about the easter bunny. lol
On a sad note, my cousin in law age 33 was burried today having lost the battle of bone cancer and leaving two children under the age of 10 without a mother. What a terrible easter they are having.Please remember them in your prayers as I know I cant imagine loosing my mom at that age. I lost mine at 32 and it wasnt easy but kids really need their moms more and more these days. Thanks for your prayers!!! Happy Easter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%