How To Make Fondant Grass???

Decorating By SMorris Updated 4 Apr 2006 , 9:35pm by laneysmom

SMorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMorris Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 8

Has anybody tried to? I have a garlic press that I was going to try to use but is there an easier way? Do I have to glue every single peice of grass seperate?

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 8

I would say a garlic press would be your best bet.......or a cookie press if you have one of those that has a disc with holes cut in it.

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 8

I got a play-doh fun center...I think it cost about $20 at Toys-r-us...and it comes with a whole bunch of different patterns...you put a ball of fondant in the press, and then push down the handle...and wah-lah--grass!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 8

so funny mikaza...........people must just think we're nuts...the toy store, the hardware store, etc.........all for cake supplies........cake people are so imaginative I love it. Wonder what my husband will say when I tell him I want a play-dough fun center for my birthday LOL!!!!!!!

frogfiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogfiend Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 8

I asked for a play doh fun station for Christmas, and my mother went out and looked for one. The only one she could find came with a dog as well that you can make bandaids and such, but it works great. She thought I was a little too old to want a play doh toy, haha but she found out quickly why and now she is the one playing with it most of the time.

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 8

hehehe. I think there was a post a while back asking people what creative things they used for equipment...I want to go back and look at that again!

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 8

If you find that thread, post a link....I would like to take a look at it as well.

laneysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laneysmom Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 8

Although I have a clay gun, I find that for grass and hair my garlic press is da bomb!!!!

But I'm planning on getting a playdoh fun station, too. I'll just have to hide it from my 3-yr-old!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%