Cookie Club???

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 7:15pm by nejiad

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:18am
post #1 of 102

Cookie Addicts I was wondering how about a cookie club, sort of like a book club? Except without Oprah. I figure since we don't have a cookie decorating contest because Heath and Jackie can't manage it at this time a group of us can get together and do this just for the fun of it (no prizes).

Here is the idea, every 2 weeks or every month we come up with a theme and make cookies depicting that theme.

If anyone is interested let me know. I am up for it.

101 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:22am
post #2 of 102

yeah!!!!! I'm in!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:26am
post #3 of 102

I have no chance, figuratively and literally, at this moment but I like the idea. Just my 2¢. icon_lol.gif

Edited for spelling icon_rolleyes.gif

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:26am
post #4 of 102

i'd be in

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:27am
post #5 of 102

I'm a newbie at cake and cookie decorting and not even close to 1/2 as good as you and Antonia, but count me in too!!!

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:35am
post #6 of 102

Hey, count me in too. Always up for trying something new!!!!

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:37am
post #7 of 102

Coooooooooooooooooooooool guys!!!!!!!! Im getting really excited about this. Let's see how many others wanna come on board then we can get this boat out to sea.

Hey it does not matter what skill level you are. It's all in fun and hopefully in the process we all learn something new. Remember we all had to start somewhere. I wish I had pics of my first cookies.

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:40am
post #8 of 102

Hi there, I am new at all of this. I have posted a few cakes here and gotten positive comments so now I want to try something new. Count me in on the cookie club. I cannot wait for you to let me know what the first theme will be so I can get started.

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:41am
post #9 of 102

I forgot to ask, what would you guys prefer? Every two weeks or every month?

Also, if you have any suggestions about anything else please feel free to voice it.

bush1 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:46am
post #10 of 102

I'd prefer once a month.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:49am
post #11 of 102

sounds like fun....I would prefer once a month.

Great Idea! thumbs_up.gif

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:55am
post #12 of 102

Sounds fun...I'm in too! icon_smile.gif I would think once a month would be good, too. Give us some 'cushion' and time to prepare, etc. But I'm still in even if the majority goes for every 2 weeks. icon_wink.gif

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 3:01am
post #13 of 102

Either way is okay with me. I like the once a month more but am still in if you decide every two weeks. The two weeks will give me some time to plan and make them. Just let me know what you decide.

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 3:02am
post #14 of 102

Count me in too

ttatummm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttatummm Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 3:07am
post #15 of 102

This is a great idea. I haven't done any cookies yet. I think this would be a great way to learn. Once a month sounds about right. I'm in or will be after we finish moving.

all4cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cakes Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 3:07am
post #16 of 102

sounds like a blast...I've not done a whole lot ok cookies (other than the basics) But I am up for trying something new!!!

Once A Month would be my choice....

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 3:09am
post #17 of 102

Once a month does sound good. Majority does seem to like once a month.

OK I am gonna do some thinking tonight and get some planning going. Hopefully we will be able to have an April Theme. LOL... Just to clarify... it does not take me that long to think LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Well like I said, if you guys have any ideas, let's hear them.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 3:23am
post #18 of 102

Sounds like fun to me!

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 5:20am
post #19 of 102

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in too.

Cake_Princess I wanted to say thanks for you for the tips you have passed on. I finally made my first cut out cookies and they turned out perfect. Sad thing was I couldn't decorated the few I baked because DH was impressed too and he ate them. Please keep posting

Shyann

JennT Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 6:24am
post #20 of 102

Shyann...too funny! DH's and kids always seem to send us clear messages on what's good, sometimes, don't they?? LOL icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

And I agree...CakePrincess's tips were great for all of us...especially those of us who don't have much experience w/cookies or easy access to different styles of cutters. Great info!

Thanks CP!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 1:29pm
post #21 of 102

What a great idea! Thanks for thinking of it and for organizing it. If you need any help, PM me... I'll do what I can!!

Bonnie

Tuggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuggy Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 1:33pm
post #22 of 102

That´s really a brillant idea.

Maybe we could do the same themes as the cake contest?

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 1:42pm
post #23 of 102

I can't promise I'll be able to do the cookies every month, but it sounds like fun and I'd like to join in also!

Laura.

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 1:47pm
post #24 of 102

I love cookies, I think they are hard to do..I'm in though I want to get better.. Count me in!!
icon_lol.gif JoAnn

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 4:09pm
post #25 of 102

You're most welcome ShyAnnAutumn and JennT.

ShyAnn, here is another tip for you. DUCT TAPE!!!!!! That will take cake of the hubby and any kids eating cookies before you have had a chance to decorate them. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Bonniebakes, I will definately take you up on that offer to help.

Tuggy, that's always possibility.

What do you guys suggest? Same theme or something different?

I'm thinking we can be flexible, some months have the same theme other months make it different.

Slejdick, we won't hold it against you if you can't make cookies each month. That's ok. Much like the cake contest, posting is optional. Post when you can.

Nickdrewnjaysmom, perfect opportunity to practice more. icon_biggrin.gif

OK I have a theme for this month but I have a few questions to try to make this as smooth as possible for all of us and try to avoid issues later.

1. Picking themes
Should we as a group decide which theme?
Each month a different person choses a different theme?
One person choses the themes?

2. Posting pics
Should we allow pics that have been previously posted?
Must have pics specifically for that month?

Let me know how you guys feel about this or any other potential issues. Then we can get this rolling.

Also, you guys have been great about this entire thing. I really did not expect this much interest this soon. Thanks everyone. Hope we all have fun with it.

cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 5:17pm
post #26 of 102

Hey, I would love to join in to. I'm just starting and it will give me great practice and get my creativity going (If I have any). Thanks for starting this up Cake Princess.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 5:27pm
post #27 of 102

1) Let's use a vote to pick the themes we want to do, but make them broad like: Spring/Weddings/Flowers/Hearts/Animals/Gingerbread Houses. Any means of decorating should be possible, whether you do fondant, royal icing, glaze, etc.

2) The cookies should have never been posted before. We should all have to make new ones just for this! That would mean we've all had the same amount of time to create them. thumbs_up.gif

miosha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miosha Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 5:40pm
post #28 of 102

sounds good to me!!!

bush1 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 5:47pm
post #29 of 102

Just so I understand, is this going to truly be a contest where there is a winner? If so, other than the first month which cake princess should choose the theme for, how about the winner each month is allowed to pick the next theme? By the way, I think that all pics should be new so that all us newbies will have a fair chance against all you a-gamers!!!!!!!!!!

JennT Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 5:48pm
post #30 of 102

me too! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%