Alligator Cupcake Picks!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 9 Apr 2006 , 6:08pm by pinkopossum

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 10

I am looking for allligator picks to put into cupcakes...does anyone have any ideas where I can order them from? I need them like yesterday!

Thanks!!!

9 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 10

When I'm in a hurry, I usually check eBay first where there a several sellers with eBay stores that are cake shops. They always ship fast and great prices/selection. If I can't find it there, I go to Sugarcraft. I get my orders from them in 2-3 days...always fast thumbs_up.gif www.sugarcraft.com

loriemoms Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 10

i agree, both places are great, but they do not have alligator picks..they have chocolate molds, but they are too big for cupcake toppers..

mistygaildunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistygaildunn Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 10

If you could print off little pictures, then you could make your own picks on toothpicks, just print off two alligator pictures the size that you need and glue them together with a toothpick in the middle. Hope that this helps.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 10

why not just make some out of royal icing??? Get an image and trace it out in royal

loriemoms Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygaildunn

If you could print off little pictures, then you could make your own picks on toothpicks, just print off two alligator pictures the size that you need and glue them together with a toothpick in the middle. Hope that this helps.

hey thats a great idea!! I may use that!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygaildunn

hey thats a great idea!! I may use that!

That is a great suggestion thumbs_up.gif I did this once for 75 cupcakes using cardstock and flat toothpicks. I needed signs for island cupcakes. You can see them in my photos. The signs came out really cute.

loriemoms Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 12:49pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks so much guys! I found a picture of the team logo for these cupcakes with the little alligator on it they use, printed them out on some extra business card paper stock I had, cut them out and put them on toothpicks! They look great! What a terrific idea! You have no idea how much time and money you just saved me!!!

loriemoms Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 2:43pm
post #9 of 10

btw, I had to post the results of your suggestions!!! (I printed out the logo of the swim team onto business card stock and taped to toothpicks)
They turned out really cute and I cannot thank you guys enough!!!
LL

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 10

These turned out very nice! Great idea with the pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%