Chocolate Transfers..please Help!

Decorating By bernie Updated 31 Mar 2006 , 10:09pm by bernie

bernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bernie Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Guys, I made my first chocolate transfer yesterday, and it came out great. The only trouble was, I couldn't cut it!

What did I do wrong??? I tried to use a hot knife, however that didn't work either. I finally cut it, but my transfer broke into pieces....

PLEASE help me so that this won't happen next time! I really like this technique, but I don't want my picture to shatter when it's time to eat it...

ANY suggestions would be wonderful!

Here is a pic of the cake.
LL

7 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 12:11am
post #2 of 8

I don't see a pic???

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 12:12am
post #3 of 8

where is the photo ? I'm not sure what the problem is ? did it (transfers) stick to the chocolate like it suppose to ? ANy chocolate that is hard would break when you cut it.. that's why it is better to put these designs when the chocolate are already cut individually into the sizes that you want them to be.. I still want to see your picture... HHHMMMMMM

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 12:23am
post #4 of 8

I use these a lot. But without the photo, can't be sure what you are talking about. Are these the transfers that come in sheets and then you peel them of off the chocolate?

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 12:25am
post #5 of 8

My chocolate transfers break up when you cut the cake as well.. i'm not sure you can do it anyother way... i like the way it looks better than a FBCT.

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 12:27am
post #6 of 8

I was assuming that bernie did these like a FBCT but with chocolate. Thats what i've done.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 12:32am
post #7 of 8

icon_confused.gif Ok now I'm confused..is this Chocolate transfers that you transfer to chocolate ?the one with Gold designs ? of is it that photo image thing that is stuck to icing on the cake ? because there is a big difference !! I still want to see the photo..

bernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bernie Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 8

Sorry about the pic, when I tried to post it before it was too big. I have posted it now, so please take a look and let me know what you think.

I used the chocolate candy melts for the chocolate transfer. I just want to know how to cut it without breaking it apart next time.

Any suggestions? icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%