Can You Flavor Mmf?????

Baking By jennrick1 Updated 30 Mar 2006 , 5:46am by TexasSugar

jennrick1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennrick1 Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 9

I just made my first batch of MMF and don't care for the way it tastes. I was wondering if you can add flavoring to it. I'm currently working on a cake and wanted to use MMF for accents, but want it taste better than it currently does.

8 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 9

Absolutely, add it with the water in the beginning, or once the mm are melted, before you add the sugar.

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 9

I add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond extracts but to be honest, I didn't notice that much of a difference. I'd love to know what everyone else uses to flavor theirs.

luggi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luggi Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 10:05am
post #4 of 9

I've used orange flavour and I liked it very much but it depends on the flavour of the cake and filling.
Luggi

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 10:08am
post #5 of 9

I added some chocolate lorane flavor oil to some today it was good.

jennrick1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennrick1 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 1:36pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for your hellp! New to this whole MMF thing, but it was a successful first attempt so can't complain

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 9

I've added some melted chocolate and I liked the chocoalte version better than the plain MMF.

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 9

Hi! I have been using Irish Creme flavored oil that someone gave me as a Christmas present- It is supposed to go in coffee, etc. but I is awesome in MMF! I will find out the name of it when I go home tonight and post it if you want! icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 5:46am
post #9 of 9

You can kneed in any of the 'candy' oils to any fondant, premade or not. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%