Wish Me Luck!

Decorating By msumissa Updated 24 Apr 2005 , 8:26am by dragonwarlord1969

msumissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msumissa Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 16

Today I am taking off of work at noon to go home and decorate a 12X18 and a 6" and 4" mini tier cake for my daughter's first birthday icon_lol.gif. Frosting is made, cakes are defrosting as we speak! Hopefully it will all turn out good and I will post some pictures. I have really gotten a lot of help from the forums and the articles. Even though I am just starting out decorating I have found this site to be particularly useful! Have a great weekend... it is supposed to snow in Michigan... FIGURES! icon_rolleyes.gif

15 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 16

Sounds like you are all set and ready to go! We will be looking forward to the pictures. If it is going to snow, inside decorating a cake is probably a good place to be! Here in Texas it's going to be about 80, and clear! Sorry, don't mean to rub it in...it could also change within about an hour!!!

Good luck with your cake, I know it will turn out fine. Just relax and have fun with it! Janice

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 16

Of course good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 16

Good luck on the cakes. I am sure that they will turn out great! Just take your time and try to have fun with it. Have a good weekend, too. icon_smile.gif

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 16

Good Luck fellow Michiganian!!!! Only in Michigan will it snow on Saturday and be 80 on Sunday!

Joe

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 16

sounds like you are all set and ready to go. I am sure it will turn out great. Can't wait to see the pictures.

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 16

Good luck and how fun, I know you are going to do a great job! Like Janice I am a Texan and it's about 80 degrees where I am too although we also have about 90 % humidity....I'm thinking I'd rather have snow! icon_rolleyes.gif

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 16

good luck! be sure to post pics when your done!!!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 6:04pm
post #9 of 16

Wishing you good luck!

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 9:35pm
post #10 of 16

Very best of luck to you.
icon_smile.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 9:57pm
post #11 of 16

I'm sure you'll do a great job on your cake... best of luck with it!!

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 16

msumissa we are practically neighbors as your only 20-30 min away from me. I live in Southgate with part of my family living in Novi.

Any good cake decorating supply stores near you besides Michael's and Joann's?

Born and raised in Michigan - gotta love this crazy weather, where else could you have an 80 degree day then 2 days later it snows???? icon_surprised.gif

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 12:40am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsmom

msumissa we are practically neighbors as your only 20-30 min away from me. I live in Southgate with part of my family living in Novi.

Any good cake decorating supply stores near you besides Michael's and Joann's?

Born and raised in Michigan - gotta love this crazy weather, where else could you have an 80 degree day then 2 days later it snows???? icon_surprised.gif

Hey Joshsmom,

I know you asked msu of anyplace other then Michaels or JaAnna for cake supplys but I'd thought I'd share my favs. One is Miles Cake Supply, its at 16 & Gratiot, and Create-A-Cake on Lapeer road in Kimball (near Port Huron)

I like them both.

Joe

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 1:00am
post #14 of 16

Hi Joe,

Hey thanks, I'll have to make a trip out to those places. I have a friend (though she doesn't makes cakes) that lives in New Baltimore so maybe I get her to make the Pt Huron run with me.

I do have 2 places down by me. One is Margies and the other Lorna's though I haven't made it over to Lorna's yet. Margie's is fabulous and has EVERYTHING.

Where is Marysville?

Vickie

msumissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msumissa Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 10:24pm
post #15 of 16

The cakes both turned out wonderful!! Everyone thought they were professional! I already have an order for my niece's birthday cake and my BIL's girlfriend said I could make their wedding cake (Lots of time to practice since they aren't engaged!)

Joshsmom There is a supply store in Cantion, it is called Ideal Cakes. They have rental pans as well. They don't have a TON of stuff, but they do have candy making supplies as well as cake making supplies. They sell cakes. It is on Ford Road between Canton Center and Sheldon. It is across the street from Meijer.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will get them in! We had a great party even though some people could not make it because of the weather. My DH's mom could not drive down from the thumb due the snow storm.

Again thanks for all the help and encouragement!

As you can see, DH figured out how to post. Enjoy the pictures!

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 8:26am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsmom

Hi Joe,

Hey thanks, I'll have to make a trip out to those places. I have a friend (though she doesn't makes cakes) that lives in New Baltimore so maybe I get her to make the Pt Huron run with me.

I do have 2 places down by me. One is Margies and the other Lorna's though I haven't made it over to Lorna's yet. Margie's is fabulous and has EVERYTHING.

Where is Marysville?

Vickie

I'll have to check out Margie's when I'm in that neck-of-the-woods. Marysville is just south of Port Huron. Hey, let me know when you go to Create-a-Cake. If I'm not busy or working, (just bought a house and the wife is cracking the whip icon_smile.gif ) I'll meet you guys up there. thumbs_up.gif

Joe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%