Pastry Pride Questions

Decorating By TJSCAKES Updated 27 Mar 2006 , 4:54pm by fearlessbaker

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 5:40am
post #1 of 5

For those of you who have used Pastry Pride..Does it need refrigeration after the cake is iced or can it sit out for a few hours? Can it be colored?....how does it work for borders and flowers?..I want to use it to make a cake for easter, but I have to travel 2 hours and I wanted to see if it'll hold up in the car or melt icon_surprised.gif

thanks!!

4 replies
xcandyxkissx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xcandyxkissx Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 6:04am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSCAKES

For those of you who have used Pastry Pride..Does it need refrigeration after the cake is iced or can it sit out for a few hours? Can it be colored?....how does it work for borders and flowers?..I want to use it to make a cake for easter, but I have to travel 2 hours and I wanted to see if it'll hold up in the car or melt icon_surprised.gif

thanks!!

I'm not sure about pastry pride holding up well, but I use WHIP N TOP, which is made by the same people who make pastry pride. Whip N Top holds up extremely well. It's the only thing I use.

I was told that pastry pride and whip n top are pretty much the same thing..just that pastry pride doesn't have the stabilizer in it.

All I would say to do is look for whip n top...if you can get your hands on pastry pride...it's probably not hard to get whip n top.

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 5

I've used Pastry Pride and it can sit out without any problems...It's non-dairy. I think Pastry Pride may have a stabilizer in it because it holds up well for icing and piping. I'll have to call the company and find out!! I love Pastry Pride... They also have Frostin' Pride which is pretty yummy. It's an actual frosting, not whipped topping like PP. It also has more butter fat in it so it takes color better (You can make darker colors with it). I use my airbrsuh when I use PP. I buy mine at Smart N Final.

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiAZ

I've used Pastry Pride and it can sit out without any problems...It's non-dairy. I think Pastry Pride may have a stabilizer in it because it holds up well for icing and piping. I'll have to call the company and find out!! I love Pastry Pride... They also have Frostin' Pride which is pretty yummy. It's an actual frosting, not whipped topping like PP. It also has more butter fat in it so it takes color better (You can make darker colors with it). I use my airbrsuh when I use PP. I buy mine at Smart N Final.

cool! thanks for the info!..I'm headed to Smart-n-Final in a few minutes..I hope they have it......

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

This is what I use 90% of the time. It's great! I use the IMBC and cream cheese frosting when I am little bored. PP is the easiest. For those who need it, PP is gosher too. It says so on the carton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%