Silicon Character Pans

Decorating By karebere Updated 23 Mar 2006 , 10:34pm by JoAnnB

karebere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karebere Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 5

Hey one of the girls I work with just bought me 3 of those silicon character cake pans. She found them at an outlet store called kitchen Collection. She brought me a butterfly a heart and a teddy bear pan. Has anyone ever used these and do I need to use my cake release on them. I am so anxious to try these out but I am at work and since ds has swim lessons tonight, I won't be able to try them until my next days off maybe?! Probably on Monday. I could use any imput here. I did read a thread about the cupcake papers or what ever they are but do these really work? Also do I fill them the same as a regular pan? There are no instructions that have come with these. Help anyone?! Someone?!

4 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 5

I've got some and I don't like them much, they tend to distort with the weight of the batter, so your cake ends up all wonky, or at least that's my experience!

iceberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceberg Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 5

I got a whole set as a christmas gift and I didn't like them either. They are back with the useless appliances I've gotten and will probably end up in a garage sale. Sorry!

karebere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karebere Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 5

I guess I will try them but at least she didn't spend a whole lot of $ on them. I think they were only about $3 a peiceicon_sad.gif I hope I have better luck with them. Thanks for the input!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 5

You shouldn't need any non-stick spray. If you have a rack that fits in a sheet pan, use it under the silicone for some stability. When you move it, you want to pick up the sheet pan, not the silicone pan.

Let it cool in the pan, it makes the release easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%