Ebay Carmel Cake(9 Pictures)

Decorating By FerretDeprived Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 10:30pm by MrsMissey

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:07am
post #1 of 69

Ok, so i bought a 1 layer carmel cake from her. I have pictures of the box, the box before i tookt he cake out, and the cake. I'll post all the pictures and put comments below!
(PLEASE NOTE: Names, phone numbers, and adresses have been whited out for my privacy and hers!)

Ok, here's the box when It first came. This is a front veiw. Please note the small puncture and dent. Just a normal shipping box.

These is right when i opened it. The material is a clear fairly thick(for plastic) plastic. It is light ,but seemed to keep the cake in place.
Another veiw of the cake showing the dent in the metal pan and pastic.

A front veiw of it.

Close-up of the card. The white is where her home phone and cell phone number was, deleted for her privacy.

The cake wrapped up in the plastic and taken out of the box. There was one large peice of plastic that helped more with keeping it in place moreso than wrapping the cake to protect it.

The cake unwrapped from the plastic. The cake was wrapped in regular plastic and then what seemed like regular saran wrap that wrapped the cake metal pan directly. (In other words, the packaging was: the cake, saran wrap, then the thicker plastic.

The closeup of the sticker placed with the flower.

The cake with the plastic top removed. I haven't tried the cake yet ,but when it came out the metal pan was cold, so i suspect its fresh. The package did come in the 3 days as she said ,and if cooked the day she shipped i suspect it;d be fine when it got to you.

I did touch the cake and it feels very moist and smells very fresh and good.

Hope that helps everyone who was just as curious as me!! I'm going to try a peice later and i'll take a little more pictures then and add them. If there is any confusion or if anyone has anyone questions please ask! I hope i explained how she packaged her cakes well enough. I suspect if you had a decorated cake, myabe they have larger metal cake cakes like that and that could help protect it. Even though the box was dented and had a tiny puncture and the cake metal pan was dented as well, the cake was perfectly fine. icon_smile.gif

If this is to much for some people, i can switch the pictures to just URL or post another post with just URLS.

68 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:10am
post #2 of 69

I've just gotta know -- how much did you pay for this, and how much did it cost to ship it?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:11am
post #3 of 69

No, its fine...waitin' on the next set of pics and reviews...icon_wink.gif

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:19am
post #4 of 69

....just getting hungry looking at that caramel cake...can you pass us a piece please!!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:25am
post #5 of 69

ya know, I was just wondering....are you married?? kids??

I'm just wondering what they were thinking if they saw you thoroughly examining a cake, he he he.

FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:30am
post #6 of 69

LOL No not married or kids. It cost about 9 dollars to ship and 10 dollar cake, 19 dollar cake w/ shipping. Not a bad deal really. It really does look good! I'm about to take a peice very soon. icon_biggrin.gif

I do't know what she'd say! But she was very nice. She emailed back to me and everything.

mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:34am
post #7 of 69

Are you gonna go ahead and leave her feedback or will you actually eat it first before you leave feedback...I've never had a cake like this, but it looks really good, I can only imagine what it smells like...much less tastes like!!!

Who knows, maybe she's just someone trying to earn a living?!?!?!

FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:38am
post #8 of 69

I'm going to eat it first before i leave her feedback. I'm sure she is! I bet she's no different from any of us. She just chose to use a different way to pay. She says she gets alot of orders, so if shes telling the truth alot of people must be booking her for cakes in real life. icon_confused.gif

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:54am
post #9 of 69

aren't you gonna eat that yet???!!!! I want a piece!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif You are keeping us in suspense!!!

FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:56am
post #10 of 69

LOL!! Wow, ok. I'll go get a peice right now. What a difference of attitude from before after i post a picture of it. LOL icon_lol.gif

mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:02am
post #11 of 69

Wait!!!!! Please give us your full name, address, phone # and closest relative....just in case we need to contact them.

Just joking!!! Let us know!!!!!!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:09am
post #12 of 69

Wellllllll???????? How was it??????????? icon_lol.gifdetective.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:20am
post #13 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretDeprived

LOL!! Wow, ok. I'll go get a peice right now. What a difference of attitude from before after i post a picture of it. LOL icon_lol.gif

Hello? Are you there? Can you hear me?

Are you still breathing????????????

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.giftapedshut.gificon_biggrin.gificon_evil.gif

mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:28am
post #14 of 69

It sure is taking an awfully long time to eat a piece of cake...............

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:30am
post #15 of 69

Hmmm...either she doesn't like it and is in the bathroom or, at this point has gone back for thirds!! icon_biggrin.gif

FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:32am
post #16 of 69

LOL! Sorry guys i put it in the fridge and she says it's best served room temp so i'm giving it a bit of time to warm up just a little bit. icon_razz.gif I'm being cruel and unusual making you all wait, huh? LOL

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:34am
post #17 of 69

OMG!! The curiosity is driving me nuts!!!!!

Well??????????????????????????????????

bj icon_wink.gif

FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:40am
post #18 of 69

Ok! Tried a bite. The topping is a gritty caramel ,but very very good tasting. The cake is a tad tasteless on its own but moist and tastes great with the caramel topping(which is 1/4 an inch thick by the way!) A good cake IMO!. Pictures shall be posted soon!

mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:41am
post #19 of 69

You're alive!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you like it and that everything seems ok!

FerretDeprived Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:42am
post #20 of 69

LOL!!! Well.. posion takes a while to take affect right?? icon_razz.gif

mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:43am
post #21 of 69

Hmmm....we'll be expecting to hear from you tomorrow!!!!! LOL

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 4:25am
post #22 of 69

I stayed out of the other discussion, because everyone was so down on ebay! But I have to say that I don't see a bit of difference from selling a cake online and selling it out of your home except it seems like it would be hard to ship. More power to her, I hope she gets a thousand orders. Maybe she will be the next Harry and David, they had to start somewhere too!

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 6:33am
post #23 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriabakery

Maybe she will be the next Harry and David, they had to start somewhere too!

Who is Harry and David? icon_smile.gif

Darra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darra Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 7:58am
post #24 of 69

any pictures of the sliced cake? i'm so curious as to what it looks inside! icon_biggrin.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 1:03pm
post #25 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_Susan

Quote:

Here you go:
http://www.harryanddavid.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/home.d2w/report?Krypto=ixWZfWfTSPPs%2Fq4vNLs1FyOSKvM%2F7U3I4hrwseAESHomFGs9WXdMwn%2BJkfg3ZZWngmEOTIox70uT%2B8lsIJYd82UjoHv0O37jVdBEetyYkyskqSeodrzAzQ%3D%3D

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 1:12pm
post #26 of 69
mmdd Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 1:37pm
post #27 of 69

We haven't heard from ferretdeprived...................

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 1:41pm
post #28 of 69

she's probably doing her homework or something...after all she is only 18 I think she said.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:17pm
post #29 of 69

Hey,All the power to this woman trying to sell her product!! I've even thought about selling decorated cookies on Ebay.In my local area though...no shipping!!

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:36pm
post #30 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_Susan

Quote:

OMG!!!! If you order something order the pears! They are ssssssssooooo juicy you have to sit in a tub and eat them or with a ton a napkins!!!! YYYYUUUUMMMMMMM. In AL they have a store in the outlet mall....

bj icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%