!!!i Think I Just Made Up A Great New Recipe!!!

Decorating By SophieBelle Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 2:06am by Blue0877

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:06pm
post #61 of 90

icon_smile.gif Thanks. I will try to print just the receipe. I am running out of Ink for my printer. I am also a touch OCD and will continue searching the receipe section untill I find it. icon_confused.gif Now it has become a challege icon_mad.gif

Did I say thank you? icon_redface.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:07pm
post #62 of 90

OK, now this is really weird. I found it in the recipe section yesterday when I searched fondant. It was titled SophieBelle's Jello Fondant. I even printed it out. Now I'm trying to find it again in the recipes and I can't find it. Hmmmm, whadup??

Julisa Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:11pm
post #63 of 90

icon_surprised.gif Ok...so I am not going crazy. icon_rolleyes.gif Did the powers that be remove the receipe for some reason? Maybe it is a conspiracy icon_smile.gif

Amy83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy83 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:30pm
post #64 of 90

awesome thanks for the recipe.

migh be a silly question, but... where can I get glycerin at?

Julisa Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 4:44pm
post #65 of 90

You can buy glycerin at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Walmart in the crafts section. Or you can order it on line from Wilton or Sugarcraft.com

SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:52pm
post #66 of 90

Hi Friends!

Did some of you really see the recipe in the recipes section yesterday? I've been checking and haven't seen it yet! Can't wait to see it posted. Wonder why it was up and now it's not.

Anyway, I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Love ya!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 9:22pm
post #67 of 90

I can't find it in the recipe section. Fortunately I wrote it out yesterday from here. I wonder what has happened?

SophieBelle Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 9:39pm
post #68 of 90

Well, I can't explain how it was up for a little while, but I can say that I checked in the Help section and it states that it can take up to three weeks for a submitted recipe to be posted to the Recipes list.

I will try to be patient....(tapping my foot impatiently...) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:38pm
post #69 of 90

As soon as CC posts the recipe (they check it first) then you can go to Sophie´s profile and under HER recipes you will be able to find it. HTH.

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 7:27pm
post #70 of 90

Thank you for sharing...I didn't see the recipe either, but can't wait!!! =)

butternut Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 7:34pm
post #71 of 90

I found the recipe a couple of times today when I went checking. You can find it by doing this: Do a search for fondant. When this comes up, go to the bottom and click on "view all results for fondant in recipes". When the recipes come up, it should be about the 16th recipe down from the top. It is called SophieBelle's Jello Fondant

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 7:37pm
post #72 of 90

I'm looking forward to trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:07pm
post #73 of 90

This sounds good. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks.

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:11pm
post #74 of 90

I went to find the recipe in the recipe section and couldn't find it. I will just have to keep my eyes out.

BTW SophieBelle, I love the name Sophie. In fact that's what my oldest daughter's name is.

SophieBelle Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:19pm
post #75 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by toristreats

I went to find the recipe in the recipe section and couldn't find it. I will just have to keep my eyes out.

BTW SophieBelle, I love the name Sophie. In fact that's what my oldest daughter's name is.

It's my oldest daughter's name, too! 'Belle' is for my second daughter Isabelle.

icon_smile.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:34pm
post #76 of 90

SophieBelle,

Can you use the KitchenAid to mix. I mix the MMF then need in the last 2 cups by hand.? This receipe sounds great I can't wait to try it. If you have used it on any cakes you have posted please let me know.

butternut Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:39pm
post #77 of 90
rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:44pm
post #78 of 90

I get an error message when I try that link

butternut Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:55pm
post #79 of 90

OK, this is crazy!!! Is someone playing a late April fool's trick?????? It was there one minute, now it say's error. OK, I give up. This is the weirdest thing I've seen yet...............

SophieBelle Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 9:02pm
post #80 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee

SophieBelle,

Can you use the KitchenAid to mix. I mix the MMF then need in the last 2 cups by hand.? This receipe sounds great I can't wait to try it. If you have used it on any cakes you have posted please let me know.

I didn't use my KA for the mixing because I didn't want to hurt my little buddy!

I did cover a cake with it this weekend and it's in my photos. I posted it this morning. I was happy to report that everyone in my whole family really loved the fondant, even those who don't like fondant. My mom requested it for her birthday, and she's a real pastry snob.

About the recipe, I have no idea what's been going on with it in the Recipes section, but I'm holding out hope that it's going to get straightened out soon.

icon_biggrin.gif

SophieBelle Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 9:18pm
post #81 of 90

Here you go, guys! Yippee!

SophieBelle's Jello Fondant
Serves/Yields: Approximately 4 pounds of fondant
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time:
Category: Fondant/Gumpaste/Sugarpaste
Difficulty: Moderate

Introduction
HI, I'm Tamatha (SophieBelle). I hope you enjoy this twist on fondant.
Ingredients
1 small package of Jello Gelatin (you choose the flavor/color)
Boiling water
1/4 cup glucose
1 Tablespoon glycerin (optional, see below)
4 pounds confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup shortening

Directions
Place the contents of the Jello packet into a glass one-cup measure. Add boiling water to the 3/4 cup line. Stir to completely dissolve. Add the glucose to make one cup of liquid and stir to dissolve. At this point, you may add the glycerin if you plan to use the fondant to cover cakes. However, if you plan to use it for embellishments or cookies, you may leave the glycerin out since you won't need as much 'stretch' in your fondant. If glycerin is added, stir until it also completely dissolves in the Jello/boiling water solution.

Let the solution cool for about 5 minutes while sifting the confectioner's sugar into a large glass bowl. Remove about 1 cup of the sugar and reserve for kneading later on.

Test the side of the glass measuring cup to make sure the Jello solution has cooled enough to handle. Make a well in the sifted sugar (in the bowl) and pour in the Jello solution. Using a large spoon, stir in a little of the sugar from the sides of the bowl, pulling in more sugar until it is completely incorporated and forms a rough ball.

Sprinkle some reserved confectioner's sugar on your clean work surface and turn the fondant out onto it. Knead in the final amount of sugar this way. The fondant will feel a little rough at this point, but it's ok. Knead just until the sugar is all incorporated, then form the fondant into a ball. Use your fingers to grease the bowl, then rub the shortening from your hands onto the fondant before placing it in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the fondant rest for about an hour.

Grease your clean work surface and turn out the fondant. Knead in shortening until the fondant feels right. You will see how the shortening transforms the texture of the fondant from kind of rough to satiny.

For storage, wrap ithe fondant in plastic wrap and keep it in an airtight containter.

Source: self

Contributed by sophiebelle on Monday, April 02. 2007 at 15:33:38

Edited to add the line about adding the glucose! Sorry for the oversight before.

SophieBelle Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 11:11pm
post #82 of 90

Everyone, an observant CC'er just pointed out that I had left out the step where you add the glucose! I've added it to the post above.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 12:56am
post #83 of 90

Please tell me where I can find Glucose. Thanks once again SophieBelle.

SophieBelle Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 11:04am
post #84 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar

Please tell me where I can find . Thanks once again SophieBelle.

I believe you can order it here, but also in the Wilton section of your craft store. They have it at the local cake store here, so if you have one, you could check there. Also, the cake deco section of Wal-Mart even usually has it.

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 1:39pm
post #85 of 90

SophiaBelle, this sounds wonderful!! I can't wait to try it!! Thanks so much for sharing.

I was just wondering if this dries hard like regular fondant when making figures? And does it have more of a candy taste to it?

Thanks again!!

SophieBelle Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 8:31pm
post #86 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue0877

SophiaBelle, this sounds wonderful!! I can't wait to try it!! Thanks so much for sharing.

I was just wondering if this dries hard like regular fondant when making figures? And does it have more of a candy taste to it?

Thanks again!!

Hi! I haven't tried it with figure-making. And it doesn't taste like to candy to me, but others may think so. Probably the cherry and strawberry ones would taste a bit more like candy to some.

I'm a little nervous about the whole 'recipe posting' thing right now. I noticed the recipe has a 'three star' rating right now, which isn't very good! icon_redface.gif Little things like that make me so nervous--I don't know why!

Blue0877 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 4:55pm
post #87 of 90

All that matters is what you think of it and what your clients and family/friends think!! I am going to try it this week and am so excited!!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:05pm
post #88 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieBelle

That's actually kind of weird, isn't it? There's an edit button on all my other posts, but there isn't one on my recipe post above.

I think you can only edit your post when it's the newest post on the thread. I'm not sure, though.

SophieBelle Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:54am
post #89 of 90

LittleLinda, thanks for the help with that. I think it might have been because it had already been quoted in another post.

You know what? It's really kind of exciting to think I put up a recipe and now my CC friends around the county and even further are getting ready to try it themselves! I keep imagining you guys looking at the Jello at the grocery store and I think how neat that we can affect each other's lives like that. I've learned so much here and I love it.

I actually think about things you guys posted all the time! I'll think, oh, so-and-so on CC said this about that...So funny how we kind of know each other without ever meeting. It's cool!

Blue0877 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:06am
post #90 of 90

That is so true. I am so new here and have already learned so much from all of you wonderful and talented people!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%