I'm Putting A Hit On The Easter Bunny

Decorating By thecupcakemom Updated 2 Apr 2007 , 12:32am by itsloops

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 8:48am
post #1 of 9

...Look out Bunny, cuz' if I see you, you're road kill. icon_lol.gif My bunny cake collapsed last night. So, I took it apart and started a different idea. Everything I'm doing to it is turning into Bunny poo-poo. Just venting and letting you all know to brace your children for the tragic news that the Cupcake Mom ran over the Easter Bunny. icon_lol.gif

8 replies
rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 9:56am
post #2 of 9

lol icon_lol.gif
maybe sleep for now and wake up and try again with fresh eyes!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 10:36am
post #3 of 9

Bunny poo-poo icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif K'ly

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 10:47am
post #4 of 9

You can't kill the Easter Bunny! My Dear Belated Mommy already did that! When my two sisters and I were very young, Mom was taking us to see our grandparents after church on Easter Sunday. Well, lo and behold, a bunny rabbit ran out in front of our car and she killed it. Well, of course to us, she killed the Easter Bunny!!! She felt sooo bad! And we all just kept crying. Later on in life, we had to look back and laugh about it, but none of us were laughing that day for sure!!! Thanks for letting me share a treasured story about my Mom. Thought it might give all of you a little chuckle too. So you see, Cupcake Mom, you really don't want to kill the Easter Bunny. You'll NEVER live it down!!! Happy Easter to All!!!

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 11:18am
post #5 of 9

I can't let you do it! (grabs bunny and protects him with arms.) But I definately can sympathize. (Gives bunny back) I made a curious george birthday cake for my neice and I am now so mad at monkeys...don't even let me near the zoo! Everything that could have went wrong did. I forgot to remove a portion of my icing to color yellow...colored it all yellow! I redesigned the cake to be all yellow instead of making more icing. Cake broke in half when I turned it out of the pan, I glued it with icing. Used parchment for the first time (thought that was supposed to work) for FBCT of george. It STUCK to the paper, had to hurrily yet carefully try to peel it from the parchment, a couple of places broke and I had to patch them. GRRR!!! The big block letters in my niece's name (also FBCT) did not come of at all. Stuck hard to the parchment. Great, but the colors from it bled onto the icing so I had a lovely outline in which to work with, but my "outlines" were not even, they were smudged so I had to pipe stars around her name. So then George looked very alone without a star border. So he had to have one too! By that time I was so upset my border turned out horrible. I should have walked away. I hated the cake even though it could have been much worse with all the trouble I had. At least it was a gift! I still apologized to my sis in law and told her that I had to improvise with this one. Her birthday is coming up April 12 and I hope to compensate with her cake somehow. I've already planned it out. And I will not be trying any more new untested techniques! And as for George, I hope our paths never cross again!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:19am
post #6 of 9

ahhh...see my finished pix in the gallery. Easter can go on...I've removed the hit on the bunny.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:25am
post #7 of 9

Too funny!!!!

I tell my daughter that the easter bunny is watching every time we see a bunny!

I'm glad he is safe again!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

nikkifoster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkifoster Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:31am
post #8 of 9

Mini Bunny cakes are toooooo cute!

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:32am
post #9 of 9

I'm glad you didn't kill him. What would I tell my kids? icon_surprised.gif

Your cake came out awesome. thumbs_up.gif

Lupe

Quote by @%username% on %date%