How Do You?

Decorating By ShelbysYummys Updated 23 Mar 2006 , 3:22pm by stephanie214

ShelbysYummys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbysYummys Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 12

How do you store your cake pans?
I have been going crazy trying to figure out ideas!
I used to keep them in storage boxes.......now I have too many.
I had my husband put peg board up on our garage wall and i still don't have enough wall space to hold all of them.
I would appreciate any ideas or testimonials

11 replies
ktcakes1090 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktcakes1090 Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 12

I "nest" all of the sizes of each shape pan, then put them in a plastic storage container on their side.

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 12

My aunt has a lot of character pans. She keeps them in egg crates in her closet. Each Egg Crate is numbered and there is an index on the door of the closet with a list of which pans are in which crate. It saves lots of time trying to find the one I want to borrow.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 12

I think that is one of those $1,000 questions!!

HeHe. I've seen people store them in the big plastic bins, hanging them up on the walls, and using racks to stand them up sideways.

I haven't found the best way for me yet, but am hoping once I get shelves in the cake room I'll figure it out. icon_smile.gif

ShelbysYummys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbysYummys Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 12

Please excuse my ignorance. I am a California girl and to make it worse a "valley girl" But what is an egg crate?

SHenyd Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 12

Oh my gosh! I must have had a brain freeze. Egg crates are what you get to put on your mattress to make it softer. What I meant was those crates from wal-Mart that you get for college dorm rooms. You can stack them on their sides to be bookshelves or just use them normally. They are plastic. Sorry.

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 12

[quote] What I meant was those crates from wal-Mart that you get for college dorm rooms.

SHenyd:That's funny, those are called milk crates. You were close enough, they are both in the dairy section! icon_biggrin.gif

SHenyd Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks. That would have driven me crazy all day. I tried to ask my DH and he said they were just called "bins". icon_smile.gif

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHenyd

Oh my gosh! I must have had a brain freeze. Egg crates are what you get to put on your mattress to make it softer. What I meant was those crates from wal-Mart that you get for college dorm rooms. You can stack them on their sides to be bookshelves or just use them normally. They are plastic. Sorry.

I always call Milk Crates "Egg Crates" too. I totally knew what you were talking about.

peanut2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut2 Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 10:51pm
post #10 of 12

I was perusing Earlene Moore's site today, and she has a storage idea for her nesting pans that I am going to "borrow". She had her husband make slats on shelving, and then she nested them and rolled or pushed them in on their sides. I can see fitting a lot more pans into a smaller space that way, and they are easier to get at.

Of course you have to have a shelf or two available.

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 11:49am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcakes1090

I "nest" all of the sizes of each shape pan

Me too.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 3:22pm
post #12 of 12

I ran out of space, so I brought one of those ex-large trash cans (that you can keep outside) and have it stored in my storage building.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%