3D Elmo I Want To Cry!!!! New Pics

Decorating By TandTHarrell Updated 31 Mar 2007 , 12:00am by CakeLadyM

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 5:57am
post #1 of 32

What am I doing wrong.. It does not look nothing like elmo yet.. this is my sloppy crumb coat..Elmo has not neck what so ever. I cant get his to look right...Somone please help..

Ok still not quit finished..just sharing what i have done so far..I think the head is going to give me a really hard time...we will see
LL
LL

31 replies
TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:18am
post #2 of 32

Ok I took off the head... and set him back in the sport ball pan...

anyone..... someone please give me some kind of advice........I feel so bad.. I just want to cry... I think I might just do a sheet cake... this cake is due 2morrow....

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:26am
post #3 of 32

Well i don't actually have any advice for you. But it does look like Elmo. Maybe once he's all red it will look better for you. I think he's comming along fine.

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:29am
post #4 of 32

thanks Revel...thanks for replying...Im starting to stress myself...not sure whats wrong, but its one of evening..maybe Im tired this is my 6cake.. I did 4 yesterday and 1.5 today (counting this one)..I will post pics when im finished, even if i do not complete it.. thanks again for replying,....

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:33am
post #5 of 32

Are you just going to spray him red? I think using the 233 tip with red buttercream would make him look more realistic. As for his neck, I don't think he has much of one anyway - but maybe you could do a circle of rice krispie treats for his neck and set his head on that and dowel it through to the body. I think the body is looking good, and to be honest, I can tell who it's meant to be in the photo - so you are already doing fine! Have faith - it'll turn out great!

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:35am
post #6 of 32

He does look like Elmo...Is there any way you could build up between his shoulders but in a tapered fashion? This would give him the neck you are looking for. Also, do you have the grass tip? This gives him his furry look and is actually quite forgiving to use on Elmo.

Looks like he is coming together though, don't panic, Elmo will always work out!

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 7:24am
post #7 of 32

his hand came undone as I was taking the last pic..als ostill having a hard time with the neck...

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 7:34am
post #8 of 32

For what it's worth, I think it looks like elmo already. And once you've got the eyes on and more red on your crumb coat it will look exactly like elmo. I wish I had your talent!!

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 7:44am
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryak

I wish I had your talent!!

My talents icon_biggrin.gif thanks for the compliment.. I just sent triplemom an email stating I wish i had her talents. Thank you. that means alot, I just feel like I have a very long way to go..my 1st cake was done on fathers day and let me tell you it was awful.....well thanks again.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 7:50am
post #10 of 32

I also think he's coming along fine! I knew exactly who he was!

shoppingprincess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoppingprincess3 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 8:10am
post #11 of 32

If the head gives you any morn problems try using a second dowl rod.

Hope this helps,
April

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 8:20am
post #12 of 32

I started all over.....I have the rice krispe in the sport bowl now. i plan to let it sit for the next 3 or so hours.....post when im done

shoppingprincess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoppingprincess3 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 8:58am
post #13 of 32

I can't wait to see how it turns out! icon_smile.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 9:53am
post #14 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent

I started all over.....I have the rice krispe in the sport bowl now. i plan to let it sit for the next 3 or so hours.....post when im done

Good Luck thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Can't wait to see him icon_biggrin.gif K'ly

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 10:26am
post #15 of 32

Stick with it. You are doing great...the little guy will come together!

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 10:37am
post #16 of 32

I think he looks great. I know everything will turn out just fine.

BTW your cakes are great.

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:03am
post #17 of 32

Well I knew who it was and I have a co-worker that would just die for that cake!!!! She is an Elmo freek...lol. I don't quite know her age but she wears childrens underwear so she can have Elmo on them and OMG I could just see her face...lol. I'm going to have to show her this cake today...It looks sooooo great!!!!

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:27am
post #18 of 32

If you catch this before you finish, Elmo doesn't have a neck, lol! He just sits down on the wondermold pan!

Yours is looking good, coming right along. When you "fur him up" with the 233, he'll look great!

Check out these:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pid=205943

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=elmo&cat=0&pos=29&search=elmo

-M-

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:43am
post #19 of 32

I can't wait to see the finished Elmo I think he looks just like Elmo minus his red fur.

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:09pm
post #20 of 32

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

My icing keep slipping my head is splitting icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

It looks horrible.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

then i live in miliary housing and they have not cut the AC on yet. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Hes doing the lean back......

how much do u think I should charge her now. the orignal price was $40.00
LL
LL

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:09pm
post #21 of 32

I watch a lot of Sesame Street. Elmo still gets played here at my house. Yes I KNOW that is Elmo. He looks great, you are on track. Don't get discouraged, he will be just fine. I can't wait to see him all finished. You are doing a great job. icon_biggrin.gif

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:25pm
post #22 of 32

He look fabulous Trent! I wasn't worried about you getting him done at all! I think he would be worth at least $50! thumbs_up.gif

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:31pm
post #23 of 32

the mouth just fell apart on me his face is still splitting....y did this happen....anyone

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:39pm
post #24 of 32

The rice krispies have not set enough. If you look at my pics you will see my Elmo with the exploding head, not pretty! icon_lol.gif To really work you need to mold the treats 48-72 hours in advance so it hardens up. If you have time go to a craft store and get a styrofoam head and use that. Just cut the mouth into it and ice away. It's what I had to do after my 1st Elmo 'lost his head'. Can't get to craft store then start wadding up aluminum foil into a ball. And it is still $40.00, you worked so hard on him!!!

Deep breaths, it will come together!

TandTHarrell Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 12:52pm
post #25 of 32

i feel so awful...5 mins after i post the 1st pic...going to try the foil then if that do not work cant go wrong with a sheet cake
LL

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:03pm
post #26 of 32

I am sitting here with my 5 year old. She noticed him right away. He looks great...even with no mouth. Sorry you are having so much trouble. Same thing happened to me two weeks ago with my fondant not setting up. Don't dispare, you are just tired and frustrated. Your work looks great. You can't help the weather, or the fact that this country can't or won't spend the $$ to provide military housing with round the clock air conditioning or heating. You should have charged this lady alot more than $40.00.
I hope this all works out for you.

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:52pm
post #27 of 32

I hope you haven't decided to give up on him yet! i think he looks great.. if only he were stable.... Could you dowl him again to get him so he isn't lenaing bacl? (I can't tell he is but that's what you said.) Stick him in your fridge for a while. I did a hello kitty a couple of weeks ago with RC head and it was falling apart, I had to let them sit for a long time and i think I put them in the fridge then "smashed " them togehter.
I also did her on a thinck foam core board so that it would support the weight without shifting the cake. It was very stable dispite being dang heavy!
The fridge is my best frind when i am making cakes!
Good Luck with whatever you decide!

crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:23pm
post #28 of 32

I think elmo is looking great - you can totally tell who he is.

When I mold rice kirspies, I usually let it air dry for a couple of hours. If you don't have that... let the mouth area dry out as much as possible and then build up the icing to cover it. My motto is you can fix anything with icing!

But seriously... once that mouth is iced, it looks amazing! Totally charge her the original price. It is definitely worth it!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 9:05pm
post #29 of 32

My 2 year old saw the picture and right away started saying Mom it's Melmo (thats how he says Elmo)...It's Melimo. Mom Mom look. So great job! Looks awesome...Can I ask how you put him together???

garnet2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garnet2007 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 9:15pm
post #30 of 32

When I hate a cake I am doing I just keep telling myself it's going to be okay when it's all done. And sure enough it always is. I think it is looking great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%