Help Please!!??question About Cream Cheese Icing..

Decorating By arianne Updated 16 Mar 2006 , 3:28pm by gilson6

arianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianne Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 5

Can you decorate a character cake with cream cheese icing or is it too soft to do so? Also, I looked at the crusting cream cheese icing recipe,but what would be the cup equiv. for 3 1/2 pounds of powdered sugar. I've got to do a mickey mouse character cake TODAY to be picked up tomorrow and the lady wanted red velvet cake. What i was also wondering is if I can't use the cream cheese icing, do you think that regular BC would still taste good? Thanks in advance for your help, i'm hangin' by a thread right now. icon_eek.gif

Arianne

4 replies
sandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandie Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 5

I have used the bb with some cream cheese, just need a little more sugar

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

2#'s of powdered sugar is about 8 cups (unsifted), so 3 - 1/2 #'s would be about 14 cups. I've added cream chees to my BC before for a black walnut cake - very yummy!!, But it doesn't crust that well. I haven't tried the crusting cream cheese recipe, so I can't help you there. I've used plain BC on red velvet and it tatses just fine. Will the woman be able to refrigerate this cake? Keep that in mind when choosing the icing since at one point the cream cheese should be refrigerated and will become very soft when it sits out.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 5

Arianne,

Scroll down in this forum and read the thread titled Cream Cheese Icing.

There are some posts there that may be helpful.

good luck!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 5

The crusting cream cheese icing works great for decorating. It is very easy to work with. I like it better the crustin buttercream. It tints very well, too.

I figured the 3 1/2 lbs. to be 1 1/2 bags of the powdered sugar or 1 full bag and 3 cups.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%