Baby Sophia Update

Lounge By riveritaly Updated 1 May 2007 , 4:25am by Jopalis

riveritaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riveritaly Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 219

I'm not sure where this post fits in on the boards, so I am posting an update where I posted my first message about the cake I was able to make for a very sick little baby and her mom.

I first wanted to thank you all for your overwhelming response and outpouring of support, thoughts and prayers for my friend Stefani and her daughter Sophia. See: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=188171&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I forwarded Stefani the link to my post and your responses, and she was very very touched by everyone - people she's never met, showing support. She asked that I pass on that Sophia will be having open heart surgery tomorrow. It is very exciting because it could be the start of progress for her, but it is also very scary because the surgery is extremely risky. We ask again for prayers for little Sophia, and thank you all so much for what an encouragement you have been.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/sophiamichelle

I will post any updates as soon as I know them to this thread.

Thank you,
Kim

218 replies
delgado2134 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delgado2134 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 219

I pray that all goes well. She will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers!!!!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 219

Sending (((hugs))) and lots of good wishes and thoughts to you, your friend, and sweet little Sophia.

DreamofAngels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamofAngels Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 219

I will pray for all of you and please keep us updated on her progress.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 219

Ohhh, I did read the original post, as a mother I can´t imagine what this family is going through, we have her in our prayers. Hope she will do fine, please keep us up-dated!

shelie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelie Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:39pm
post #6 of 219

I will keep your best friend and baby Sophia in my prayers. What a sweet little thing she is. I am sorry that your friend is having such a hard time. I hope the surgery will help her to get well.

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 219

She will deffinately be in my prayers.With Lords help and love I know she will be OK.
Plese keep us updated on her.
God Bless You for your loving heart and care for the little baby and her mother.

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:03pm
post #8 of 219

Prayers headed their way....

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 219

Sophia will be in my prayers. I just want to pass along that I have had 5 preemies from 6 to 11 weeks early (none as sick as Sophia), my last was born at 29 weeks (my water had broke at 28 weeks) but he was very big for his date weighting in at 4 pounds even. Here's a pic of my kids, ALL very healthily now. The preemies were the last 5. Miracles happen everyday!Image

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:43pm
post #10 of 219

I just want to send some positive thought for you, your friends family and baby Sophia.
My niece who is about to be 4 was born although just a few weeks early, with some serious heart issues, which we were aware she had. She had 2 surgeries at 3 weeks and 2 months. She too had several hole in her heart between the ventricules and the atriums. She also had to have some gortex added to her aorta to help her get proper circulation to her tiny body, a malformation called a coartation.
As I read your description of Sophia, I could see Maria the night before her first operation and following with all the tubes & machines.
She is fine now and other than the adults in her life that look on and worry every-minute that she runs around she is just fine and growing very fast.
I pray for the same for baby Sophia.
Thank you for posting, I hope that Stefani can find hope in reading what everyone has written and comfort that there are so many of us thinking of them during this difficult time.
Best wishes for a prompt recovery.

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:48pm
post #11 of 219

Sending prayers hugs and kisses icon_smile.gif

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 219

Sofia and her family will be wonderful, because God is with all of them. You are a wonderful friend. God bless you too!

riveritaly Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:16pm
post #13 of 219

mom2seven - your children are beautiful!!! What a blessing in seeing them all together, healthy and happy. Thank you for sharing!

gateaux - your niece's story does sound so similar to Sophia's. What a wonderful testament that she is a very normal 3 year old!

I can't tell you enough how much your comments and messages are blessing Sophia's mom (and me!). Keep them coming!

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:25pm
post #14 of 219

Keeping happy thoughts and lots of prayers for this sweet baby-
Hugs and good wishes to your friend!!!

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:29pm
post #15 of 219

As a mother I can understand Stefani's fillings my best wishes and blessings from my heart always with them.
She and her family will be fine, healthy and always be happy.

Nitu

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:31pm
post #16 of 219

Many many prayers for baby Sophia and their family!! GOD BLESS HER AND KEEP HOLDING HER GENTLE HAND WHILE UNDER SURGERY!!!! Always in our prayers!!!

Monique

carterl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carterl Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:33pm
post #17 of 219

Dear Stefani and family,
Miracles do happen every day. Not long ago I had a friend who also had a premature girl with many health problems. So many of us prayed for her and today she is healthy and happy. I truly believe in the power of prayer and also that girls are fighters!! May God bless you and your family and may you take comfort in knowing that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Laura

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:53pm
post #18 of 219

i didn't see the original post, but i'm glad i caught this one. i am keeping your friend and her family and baby sophia in my thoughts. she is in good hands.

please let us know how she fairs with her surgery. let her family know she has angels watching over her.

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 7:55pm
post #19 of 219

Please keep us updated! I will keep Sophia and her family in my prayers.

riveritaly Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 3:36pm
post #20 of 219

UPDATE - Sophia's surgery has been postponed until early next week. Preliminary blood tests showed elevated white blood cells, which means there could be some infection. Instead of performing an already risky surgery on her with the possibility of an infection, they decided to play it safe and wait.

Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:00pm
post #21 of 219

I will be praying for Baby sophia and her mom.
Lizzie

riveritaly Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:28pm
post #22 of 219

This is from my friend Stefani, Sophia's mom:

We just got word that if there aren't any emergencies and she doesn't get an infection, she will have her heart surgery tomorrow. We are not prepared for this so please pray for her and us. We just come before God begging that he will heal her and that this surgery is the answer we have been looking for and that the doctors are making the right decision. Please send her story to others so that they too can pray for her. We love her so much and want her to be healthy. Thank you again for all of the prayers. We appreciate them more than you will ever know.

Sophia's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, 4/3/07. Please pray!

Thanks,
Kim

pammelasue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammelasue Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:42pm
post #23 of 219

Prayers going up for Sophia and her family from a mom who's been there.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:46am
post #24 of 219

Lots and lots of good thoughts going to Sophia, her family, and the entire healthcare team that will be making miracles tomorrow.

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:56am
post #25 of 219

I will be keeping little Sophia in my thoughts and prayers. Have a smooth surgery and a fast recovery.

((((((((((((((HUGS from our family to yours)))))))))))))))))

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 4:00am
post #26 of 219

More prayers for baby Sophia & her family. I pray she will come through all this fine. God bless you all. I am praying for you. Please keep us posted.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 4:16am
post #27 of 219

I'm breaking away for a moment of prayer right now. Please let us know how her surgery went, and not only do we pray for this child, but we will pray that God will bless everyone around this baby with strength, courage and faith. We ask God to work his miracles through the hands of the surgeons and that sophia have a quick recovery with life long good health and happiness. In our Dear Lords Name, Amen.
God listens to our heartfelt prayers and there is power in numbers and you have huge numbers of support here.

sarahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahd Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 4:43am
post #28 of 219

My thoughts and prayers are with Sophia and her family. Please keep us posted.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 7:13am
post #29 of 219

I will keep Sophia and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 1:38pm
post #30 of 219

God Bless Sophia, my prayers are with her. By the way Riveritaly, my daughter works at St. Louis Childrens as a PCA, she is in school at UMSL, getting her BS in nursing and then going to Physicians assistant. I will ask her if she perhaps has been with Sophie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%