thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 11

make a sheet cake 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 vanilla? Duh! icon_redface.gif

10 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 11

I would take the easy way out and do two 9x13's one chocolate one vanilla!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 11

I always make up both flavors, then have dh help me pour. We both start pouring on opposite sides, and they meet in the middle. You can also fold a piece of parchment several times and stand it up in the middle, then pour, and take out the parchment before you bake.

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERCAT

I would take the easy way out and do two 9x13's one chocolate one vanilla!

Ditto! That's what I always do- I make one 9x13 white and the other choc. And for an added feature, I put fresh starwberries between the layers and call it my "Neopolitan" cake. It's an awesome combination.

thecupcakemom Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:37pm
post #5 of 11

So you layer it? Sorry, I'm feeling dumb today. How do you do your strawberries?

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:37pm
post #6 of 11

I just did a half vanilla / half chocolate sheet cake. I did two layers of vanilla in my 12 x 18" pan and two layers of chocolate and then put them side by side. It was a huge cake (and HEAVY!! good thing my DH was around to help me deliver it!).

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 11

I make up both flavors and then pour in the pan at the same time. I used to make two cakes until I read a thread about pouring both in one pan.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:52pm
post #8 of 11

I have stiff plastic cutting boards that I cut to exactly fit the inside width of the pan I need to divide in half. I stand the plastic up on the bottom of the cake pan and pour my vanilla mix on one side and the chocolate on the other side. Then you simply pull the plastic board out and you have a perfect 1/2 and 1/2 cake.
The chocolate and the white are both done at the same time.

The plastic cutting boards come in packages of three in most stores and they are really inexpensive so it is no big deal to cut them up for this use. Works great and is so easy.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:52pm
post #9 of 11

I have a plastic insert that clamps in the pan. It lets me pour in one batter at a time. Then remove the insert before baking.

I have also covered a rectangular piece of cardboard with foil and put that in the center of the pan as the divider, poured in the batter and then removed the cardboard divider. It worked just as well! HTH!

thecupcakemom Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 2:29pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks all. I'll let you know how it turns out!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 3:30am
post #11 of 11

Thanks for the tips guys, i have to try this real soon!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%