Cookie Pricing

Baking By lacie Updated 17 Mar 2006 , 9:50pm by bbelias

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 9

hello hello, I'm new and trying to start my own business and would like some advice about setting up my pricing.
there is only one shop dedicated to cookie bouquets in my area and it is in the next town.

they sell single cookies on a stick for $7.25 each and you must order a minimum of 3. its a blanket price for little to allot of design.
Now their cookie bouquets range in price from:

3 cookies in a mug $32.05

gift bouquets 3 cookies to 15 ranging in price from $25.10 - $110.30

the pricing seems kinda high but then i could be off base in my thinking since i have worked out the costs to making them. i still have to check out the local super markets. any help in pricing would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Lacie icon_smile.gif

8 replies
MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 9

There was another thread about this about a week or so ago, and the price of $1 per inch of cookie came up.....seems like a fair price to me. As far as bouquets, you would have to add the cost of the extras (basket, filler, etc) to the cost of your cookies.

deb

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 9

That sounds outrageously high to me! This is my first time looking at the cookie forum because one of my cake customers asked me about it. I don't know what to charge either; but my train of thought is that I wouldn't charge what I wouldn't pay! And that will be a cold day in heck when I pay $7.25 for a cookie! (stick or not!)

LittleLinda Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 9

That sounds outrageously high to me! This is my first time looking at the cookie forum because one of my cake customers asked me about it. I don't know what to charge either; but my train of thought is that I wouldn't charge what I wouldn't pay! And that will be a cold day in heck when I pay $7.25 for a cookie! (stick or not!)

bbelias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbelias Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 4:07am
post #5 of 9

I charge $22.00 for a 6 cookie bouquet. This includes 6 large (@ 4 inch) cookies in a terra cotta pot. I use florist foam to hold up my sticks and stuff it with paper shred to conceal the foam. Wrap it all in a cellophane bag tied with a bow and I have just made a nice little profit. My bouquets are about $7.00 - $10.00 cheaper than others in my area.

LittleLinda Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 9

bbelias:
Post some pictures! Do you have any?

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 9

bbelias - I looked at your pictures and wanted to tell you your cookie bouquets are amazing! So completely, inspiringly beautiful!

The flowers are my fav.

LittleLinda Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 9

bbelias, I had forgotten that I could just click on Photos and see some pics. I just did so. The bouquets look very nice.

bbelias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbelias Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:50pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks . . . I appreciate the comments!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%