Seeking Advice

Business By gapger Updated 14 Mar 2006 , 1:11pm by dodibug

gapger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gapger Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 3:23am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone I am not sure I made a mistake or not. a bit of my history: I have had one cake order a while ago and my tons of cakes for family for free. so yesterday this lady approached me, we live in a small rural area, she heard I decorate cakes. She has this top secret carrot cake recipe. So she will bake the cake and bring it to me to decorate. she wants cream cheese frosting. she is coming to my house Wednesday to talk a bit and look at my pictures. So my questions, is this a silly situation I got my self into and how do I charge her? I asked how big the cake will be she stated: it is sheet cake size icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 3:29am
post #2 of 4

Look at your costs for the icing and also your time. Charge at least twice-3xs your cost for the icing supplies.

Welcome to CC! You will love it here!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 7:22am
post #3 of 4

Keep in mind that baking the cake is almost the easiest part. Also, cream cheese icing in not good for much decoration beyond a few borders. If she wants something else, you may have to use another kind of icing.

If she thinks her recipe is top secret, she may also be a "difficult" customer. Be prepared to state your limits and price and be firm.

Good Luck.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 4

The crusting cream cheese icing from here is really easy to decorate with, like regular bc! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%