I Need An Idea For A 1St Birthday Cake For A Little Girl

Decorating By pink_bunny03 Updated 28 Mar 2007 , 7:49am by sweet_as_tisse

pink_bunny03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pink_bunny03 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:19am
post #1 of 20

I have made a few cakes for others and couldn't stop the ideas from coming but now I need an idea for my daughters first birthday in may. I don't want anything that is cheesy or goofy. I want to steer away from any on the trademarks. I really dislike strawberry shortcake and carebears (done to many for others). I just want something cute and girly(we are over-run with cars thanks to big brother). thanks for all the suggestions.

19 replies
LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:26am
post #2 of 20

Oh, do a tiara or fairies. I'm going to attempt a tiara for my daughter's ballet this weekend. I think they are so very sweet and after two boys, I need to do girly.

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:34am
post #3 of 20

Is there a special lullaby or nursary rhyme you sing. My DD's favorite is twinkle twinkle little star. So I did the star cake in my photos for her 2nd birthday.

pink_bunny03 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:35am
post #4 of 20

post what you make, I am interested to see how cute it turns out. I actually never thought to do fairies thumbs_up.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:36am
post #5 of 20

For a May birthday, you could just do a really sweet flowery outdoors kind of cake. Like a light blue cake with some pretty pink flowers. I can see something really airy and sweet.

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:38am
post #6 of 20

What about a little round iced cake with fondant butterflies attached to floral wires all over - like the butterflies are flying around the cake? And cut out fondant flowers and lay them around the cake itself, pipe grass as the bottom border with that funny #233 grass tip.

Heck this just popped into my head, I think I'm going to use this idea too! Now if I can just find a girl turning one...... icon_lol.gif

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:38am
post #7 of 20

I did a copy of one of Sugar Creation's cakes for a 1st birthday girl and now have 5 more orders for it so it's a design that everyone seems to love.

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:43am
post #8 of 20

Just made this 1st birthday cake on Saturday. Was a huge hit and got 4 orders and several emails form party guests.
LL
LL

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:55am
post #9 of 20

I made this kitten face for a first birthday it was very easy it was made small so she could have it all to herself to destroy.
LL

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:00am
post #10 of 20

One of the cutest first birthday cakes I ever saw (used to work in a specialty bakery) was one with bugs and bees on it. So how about a twist on that, dragonflies, ladybugs, bumblebees? It would be girlie but fun enough and not a commercial theme.

You could do all sorts of girlie colors, lots of pinks, blues, greens, purples.

Happy 1st to your little one!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:28am
post #11 of 20

how about something like a 2 tier cake, with ruffle type boarder and daisy's here and there from bottom to the top (April showers bring May flowers) where her birthday is in May, and maybe do pale colors in pink, white, yellow and green. Do a topper with the number 1 and something saying Happy Birthday(Daughters Name). Have some bows and maybe butterflys on it.

Or the tiara as LanaC said and add a wand. maybe do some small BC or RI tarnsfers of wands and tiaras and palce them around the sides of the cake, could also do some bows and swags around the cake.

Or a Mother Goose Theme cake, put things on it that has to do with some of the Mother Goose stories.

Hope these can help you out.

christabelle682 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christabelle682 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:14am
post #12 of 20

Tinkerbell/fairies seems to be quite popular these days. I did tink cakes for my Daughters 1st bday recently and had a lot of fun with them. There are tons of pics in the gallery of fairy type cakes.

Another idea would be a topsy turvy cake, might be fun to do!

pink_bunny03 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:37pm
post #13 of 20

we call her cricket, maybe I can incorperate alot of the ideas everyone posted.

I will post my results when I make the practice cake(my husbands favorite thing about my decorating)

maybe do a 2 tier with flowers, butterflies and make her a single cake to destroy and make it a lady bug or something, I donno, we will see.

thanks for all the help, I cant believe that I didn't thnk of them myself. my brain is not working this week.

usaribbon.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

divaofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaofcakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:43pm
post #14 of 20

I was at a loss for my daughter's 1st b-day too!! I finally made a cake to look like her favorite toy, Lily the Leap Frog. The frog on the top was the smash cake. You can check it out in my photos. Good luck! Whatever you do will be super!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:49pm
post #15 of 20

Ohhh Hon we all have weeks like that, hasn't gotten any better with age either for me icon_lol.gif .

I am sure what ever you come up with it will be a very beautiful cake.

You could also since you call her cricket, maybe add 1 or 2 of them on her cake.

DeniseO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseO Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:03pm
post #16 of 20

Hi. I made a pink teddy bear cake for a little girl's first birthday. It turned out great. The little girl's daddy was a cowboy, so I put a cowboy hat on it. I have three teddy bear cakes posted in the gallery. One under grooms cakes, one under baby shower cakes, and I think I put the pink one under childrens cakes.

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:14pm
post #17 of 20

What about the Cricket from Mulan???
LL

pink_bunny03 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:35am
post #18 of 20

I love that cricket. its so cute. maybe a transfer or something.

KittyPTerror Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyPTerror Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 1:34am
post #19 of 20

You stole my post!!! icon_biggrin.gif I was planning on posting almost the same thing, except the cake isn't for a kid of mine, but for a friend's kid. That's the problem...The friend is a daddy who unfortunately, lives in a different state than the little girl most of the time, and now that she's come to visit, he wants to have his own birthday party for her this weekend. I volunteered to make the cake. She's also turning one, but I really don't know what to do for her since I don't know her at all. I was going to ask everyone here if they would mind posting pictures of cakes they had done for first birthdays...So, I guess I'm asking now....Will you post pictures of cakes you've done for first birthdays? Pretty please??

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%