Wrestling Ring Cake

Decorating By tymag Updated 7 Mar 2006 , 10:00pm by azmomto3

tymag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tymag Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 9

I need to finish a wrestling ring cake tonight, I can't figure out how to make the ropes for the ring. I rolled out MMF as thin a possible and I'm waiting for them to dry. Do you think I can attach this to the posts?

8 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 9

I don't know why not - I just hope they don't break on you icon_smile.gif. I would have used rope licorice - i can't imagine how much time you must have spent making those ropes!!!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 9

Maybe you should attach the strings to the post now, so that your strings will dry to the post.. does this make sense?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 9

I don't think they will dry hard enough no matter how long you leave them out....you might do better with gumpaste.....what about covering a straw or a skewer in mmf and then using that, you would just have to warn people not to eat the ropes!!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 9

You know ya'll are right.. MMF does not dry very hard.. Maybe you can use something like yarn for the ropes.. But if you want it edible, try the licorice idea!

tymag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tymag Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 9

I wanted to use rope licorice, but I can't find any in the stores. They only have the pull and peel licorice and it didn't work. I need the cake done in 2 hours and I hate to have to use string.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 9

you know some of the fruit by the foot fruit snack thingies have the peel apart strings....maybe that would work....???

jangrif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jangrif Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 7:35pm
post #8 of 9

I used uncooked spaghetti for a wrestling ring that I made for my son. I colored it with red coloring paste.

azmomto3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azmomto3 Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 10:00pm
post #9 of 9

I have a wrestling ring scheduled for next month. I bought some of the rope licorice, but I'm wondering how it would adhere to the fondant posts? Also does anyone have any pics of their wrestling rings they can share?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%