Made My First Mmf - Have ?'s

Decorating By ajay0665 Updated 24 Mar 2007 , 3:34pm by noley

ajay0665 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajay0665 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:48am
post #1 of 6

I made rhonda's recipe using the corn syrup and lemon extract. Really tasty. Thanks Rhonda. I have always purchased Satin Ice before but wanted to try making it once.

What consistency should it be before I let it "rest" for the night?
Should it still be a wee bit tacky? I don't want it to get too dry like many have mentioned.

Also - do I add the color tonight or wait until the a.m.?

Thanks.

aj

5 replies
ajay0665 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajay0665 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:04am
post #2 of 6

bumping myself up

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:20am
post #3 of 6

I haven't made the Rhona's fondant but have made homemade fondant. I store it after I reached the same consistency I roll it out as. Is that clear?

sassijen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassijen Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:21am
post #4 of 6

I've never made mmf but would like to know also. BUMP

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:21am
post #5 of 6

I wish I could help with an answer, but I've never made it. I would say that you should add however much of the recommended stuff, and if it's still some taking, then I would coat lightly in crisco and wrap tightly. Then you can gauge if you need to actually add more powder sugar (or whatever) to reduce tackyness.

Hope this helps some...
Miah

noley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noley Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6

i made my first batch of MMF yesterday and well i just got it to the point that it should be for rolling out. I didn't use a recipe with syrup in it i used the water and marshmellow one... just water, marshmellows and then powd. sugar. I had to put it back in the microwave for short bursts to keep it soft enough to get all the powd sugar in, but... i tell ya it did work. I might check out the syrup recipe because it seems to me that the water recipe gets kind of dry and kind of looks different then I thought it should when it dried, but it worked for the purposed I needed it for.. so good enough
Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%