Maybe You Just Shouldn't Bake When...

Decorating By jescapades Updated 20 Mar 2007 , 4:38am by Jorre

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

... you get rice from dinner in the cupcake batter before putting them in the oven.
... the spatula gets caught in the ka and sprays batter all over the kitchen.
... you want to bake cupcakes to try out your new silicone baking cups and your 18 month old twins take them and play with them and hide them on you.
... you go to wipe off the ka paddle and you drop batter all over the counter, the batter scoop, your sweater, the kids...

ugh, i wanted to make cupcakes tonight to practice with my new tips and after all these weird things went wrong, i thought maybe i shouldn't be baking or i'll burn the house down or something. sigh.

how about you?

3 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:10am
post #2 of 4

Oh my!! I am laughing so hard right now!! I'm not laughing at you but with you though!! I am sure we have all had days like that!!!

Maybe we should start a thread where everyone says what their worst moments were when decorating!!!

Mine was when I made a cake for someone renewing their vows. I guess I didn't get the cake mixed up all the way because my daughter came to me with her piece and found a hard piece in the cake ... part of the egg didn't get mixed up!!! Oh I wanted to hide!!! And hoped that didn't happen to everyone else!!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:22am
post #3 of 4

ha ha... oh and the biggest kick in the pants? i went to the site where i bought the silicone liners and wouldn't you know it? they are on sale now! ha ha ha ha ha... icon_evil.gif

i'm going to bed... lol

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:38am
post #4 of 4

Good to know my kids are not the only ones obsessed with those silicone liners. They keep taking them out of the cabinet and I have to hunt all over for them....why on earth they HAVE to play with them is beyond me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%