Check Out This Website!!!!

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 18 Mar 2007 , 6:57pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 25

oh my cat!!!!! icon_surprised.gif I found this on the forums she is right by my alley and I never heard of this bakery there is a like 4 bakeries in this city!!! her cakes are just incredible I thought I just share see the spongue bob cake and boy her prices are out of this world icon_eek.gif I mean they are worth it but I thought where I live people didn't pay much for cakes at least the people I know icon_smile.gif I have never seen her advertised either and I request donations for the school all the time and I live my life looking for ads icon_redface.gif

http://www.oksugar.com/

24 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 25

She is begging to get BUSTED by the "copyright police" but she does nice work!

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 25

Wow- she does a nice job! Her prices are what I would like to sell mine for someday.

niquealodeon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niquealodeon Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 25

Love these cakes! Thanks for sharing!!!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 25

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!!! thumbs_up.gif

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 25

i don't think she is charging enough for her cakes.

notjustcake Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn123

She is begging to get BUSTED by the "copyright police" but she does nice work!

Yeah I didn't think of that but I also see character cake in a lot of other websites I wonder if she's a member here?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 25

I'm not a cake decorator, but I don't think she charges enough either. Did you see her mini cakes? They are only $5 each! I think they are just too cute. Makes me want to start making cakes! icon_smile.gif

The_Caketress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Caketress Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 5:08pm
post #9 of 25

I think she's not charging nearly enough and her portions per person must be huge. There great cake though at bargain of a price!

kdkamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdkamp Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 5:12pm
post #10 of 25

She could get more $. The cakes look great!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 5:17pm
post #11 of 25

what a talented artist!! I love her graphic, modern style! thumbs_up.gif

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 5:20pm
post #12 of 25

It is a frustrating web-site though as you have to click ona teeny little image and if you don't like it you have to backspace and click on another teeny little image. I got fed up after three images. It's good to see other people's web-sites as it makes you evaluate how yours is perceived by others.

Pyxxydust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pyxxydust Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 5:59pm
post #13 of 25

LOVED that website! That's exactly thetype of style I like! Thanks for sharing! Whoever she is, is very talented, and I'm jealous that she can make a living out of doing something she loves!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:12pm
post #14 of 25

She definately undercharges!!! Her cakes are extremely beautiful but you're right about how frustrating it is to click on all the little images and backspace. It makes you want to stop looking.

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:16pm
post #15 of 25

Her cakes are very inspirational and WAY TOO Cheap!! I see hours of work and covering a cake in fondant for $$32.50 with a scanned image and fondant cut-outs.
http://www.oksugar.com/view_image.asp?image_id=159&bk=category%5Fid%3D7%26pr%3D7&cn=Novelty+Cakes
mpc

MichelleM77 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:20pm
post #16 of 25

If I did cakes, that's the style I would love to do too, especially since I just fell in love with Satin Ice. I did not like the small pics and all the clicking either, but it was worth it. Even my husband thought the prices were too cheap!

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:28pm
post #17 of 25

Are the cakes topped in fondant or buttercream? Her descriptions mention BC, but nothing about fondant, but they look like it.

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:32pm
post #18 of 25

Thanks for sharing! I do think is really cheap because it is a really nice work! thumbs_up.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:32pm
post #19 of 25

On most of the pictures, it says they are sugarpaste (fondant?). I only saw a few that mentioned BC. Maybe I missed it.

notjustcake Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:36pm
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypastrychef

Her cakes are very inspirational and WAY TOO Cheap!! I see hours of work and covering a cake in fondant for $$32.50 with a scanned image and fondant cut-outs.
http://www.oksugar.com/view_image.asp?image_id=159&bk=category%5Fid%3D7%26pr%3D7&cn=Novelty+Cakes
mpc

She's giving away cake here!!!

I agree I haven't seen all her cakes I got tired of backspacing too I called her to tell her how I loved her work she hasn't called back may be she's caking!

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:46pm
post #21 of 25

The few cakes a saw were very pretty, but the web site is almost impossible, I gave up after 5 cakes, It's hard to navigate

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:49pm
post #22 of 25

Oh my oh my. Absolutly beautiful and the prices? Holy moly...what is she thinking?!?! It seems way too low to me, I don tknow much but I can spot a bargin and that my friends is a bargin

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:50pm
post #23 of 25

Maybe not the easiest to navigate, but I agree! Her cakes are amazing!!! I'll have to add this site to my favorite cake galleries (listed on my blog). icon_biggrin.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:52pm
post #24 of 25

Under charging.

notjustcake Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:57pm
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapmomof3

Are the cakes topped in fondant or buttercream? Her descriptions mention BC, but nothing about fondant, but they look like it.

It says buttercream covered in sugarpaste in amost all the descriptions of her cake she makes mostly that except for two bc cakes one of them was the Oklahoma Highway Patrol badge very neat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%