My 1St Class Cake.. Lol

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 14 Apr 2005 , 1:35pm by m0use

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 11

well, i did my 1st class cake yesterday! LOL!. it came out Ok.. not like i wanted. i was late getting there, the darn thing went flying when driving and i caught it with my hand! LOL!!! lets just say it was an interesting nite! I tried to make the wilton rose and the base just fell over! LMFAO! then i went to spoon icing in my parchment bag and it fell into my lap! haaaaaa hahahaha!!!! I definately learned a lot that nite!! LOL!!!! sooo funny!!
i have a picture posted under the photos

10 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 11

icon_lol.gif
Glad to see that you could laugh everything off. I could just imagine you trying to catch your cake as it goes flying...Last night I was trying to move my cake off of my turntable and I managed to stick my finger into the side right after I had spent so much time trying to get the sides to look nice and pretty, it was patchable though- thank goodness. Hopefully the next class will go better.
This Thursday I start my first motorcyle class to learn how to ride, this will be my second attempt at it. The first time I took the class I was way tooo stressed because I was moving into a new place and so my mind was not all there- ok not all there more than usual icon_wink.gif
Well after dumping my bike twice and breaking off the clutch lever the second time I walked- I did not want to be a danger to myself or others. But not this time- I am staying throught the whole thing. I also am doing it different by not trying to learn all in one weekend.
Hopefully things will go better for the next class.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 11

Hey, Momof3, you definitely need to find a box for your cakes, any box will do, close to the size of your cake, and be sure to put it on the floorboard. The first time I had to transport a cake, for lack of anything better, I put bubble wrap in the bottom of the box...worked fine to keep the cake from sliding around! Those waffle looking rubber placemats work well, too, I use one of those on my turntable.

Anyway, laughter saves us from crying, and it feels a lot better! Janice

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 11

Hey, Mouse, you go, go, go! Have fun with that motorcycle! That reminds me of a movie...
Mouse on a Motorcycle or something like that, the mouse saved the day! Janice

m0use Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Hey, Mouse, you go, go, go! Have fun with that motorcycle!

Oh I plan on it icon_biggrin.gif ... I can't wait to ride on my own and not have to look over someone's shoulder to see where I am going icon_wink.gif
(Not to mention all the gas money I can save in riding a motorcyle back and forth to work.)

momof3jotynjake Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Hey, Mouse, you go, go, go! Have fun with that motorcycle!

Oh I plan on it icon_biggrin.gif ... I can't wait to ride on my own and not have to look over someone's shoulder to see where I am going icon_wink.gif
(Not to mention all the gas money I can save in riding a motorcyle back and forth to work.)

THAT IS SO AWESOME! I WANT A MOTORCYCLE! OUR NEIGHBORS, HUSBNAD AND WIFE, JUST GOT SOME ALSO!
THEY ARE COOL! SHE TOOK THE TEST AS WELL, GOOD LUCK!!!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 11

You did a great job! I'm laughing at myself,though, because when you said "1st class cake", I was thinking like something wildly exotic or devine or something for a 1st class party. Not your cake decorating classes. LOL! Yes, in case you are wondering--I am blonde! LOL!

I'm glad that you had a great learning experience last night.

Lisa

momof3jotynjake Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj68

You did a great job! I'm laughing at myself,though, because when you said "1st class cake", I was thinking like something wildly exotic or devine or something for a 1st class party. Not your cake decorating classes. LOL! Yes, in case you are wondering--I am blonde! LOL!

I'm glad that you had a great learning experience last night.

Lisa

HAAAAAA HAHA! YOUR FUNNY! LMFAO!1 WELL, IM A BLONDE TOO! NOT A TRUE BLONDE, BUT MY SISTERS AND MOM ALWAYS TEASE ME AND TELL ME I MIGHT AS WELL BE!! LMFAO!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 6:19pm
post #9 of 11

Hey, mom. I think that it looks great when you think of the day that you had with it!! I have had that whole flying cake incident, too. I finally got a rubbermaid container and added the holey contact paper that is used in drawers and no more cake incidents!! A good box can be your best friend when transporting. Good luck on the next one!!
~Tanya

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 5:20am
post #10 of 11

momof3~ (Hey Blondie, just picking)
Your cake is great!! Just wait till you make all of the other ones! There so much fun!
Don't worry about the roses... It took me till the last 15 minutes of the last night of Course 1 to figure them out!!!!!!! It was like a light bulb came on!! My 15 yr old daughter took the 1st course with me. She figured them out the first night we tried them! Isn't that something~

I agree with Janice get a box to transport your cakes. I crushed several cakes because I didn't have a carrier tall enough for my cakes. If I could do it over again I would use a box with no lid.

Mouse... I'm jealous!! I want to learn to ride a motorcycle too!! For now I think I'll just stick to fire trucks!! In July I'll be taking a bus driving class. Woo that will be something!

m0use Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 1:35pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Mouse... I'm jealous!! I want to learn to ride a motorcycle too!! For now I think I'll just stick to fire trucks!! In July I'll be taking a bus driving class. Woo that will be something!

Hey- I want to drive a fire truck, maybe we can teach each other...OMG scary thought tapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%