Cake Balls!!!!!!!!

Decorating By arianna123 Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 2:43pm by cakes21

arianna123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianna123 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:27am
post #1 of 6

OMG- I just made these for the first time after reading about them on here. They are so stinking good!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope some make it to the party I'm taking them to tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you all for the wonderful recipes you have posted on here- keep them coming!

5 replies
hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:32am
post #2 of 6

I want to try those! Was it really as simple as described? I feel like my brain has so many ideas to try and I never get to them.

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:33am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arianna123

OMG- I just made these for the first time after reading about them on here. They are so stinking good!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope some make it to the party I'm taking them to tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you all for the wonderful recipes you have posted on here- keep them coming!

Ok, you are now doomed like the rest of us. icon_lol.gif It has become a staple in my house. I have a little plate by the cookie jar and have to keep a constant supply of cake balls there.

arianna123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianna123 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:37am
post #4 of 6

I used this recipe that I found in the recipe section- and they were super easy. I may just have to make a box of cake so I can make more of these
icon_biggrin.gif

2 cups crumbled cake scraps
2 Tbsp. confectioner's sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ( if cake scraps are not chocolate based)
1/4 cup chopped almonds, or any other nut you like, OR mini chocolate chips, M&M's, get the idea! Smile
2 generous shots of amaretto ( or any other liquer you may like) OR a good non-alcohol subsitution is any flavored coffee creamer)
* I used liquid French Vanilla*

Put all ingredients in a mixer and mix on medium speed until the ingredients form a ball. If the mixture seems too dry, add a bit more of the liquid used to make it moist enough to form into balls.

Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop to make balls uniform in size. Roll te scooped dough in your hands to form a nice smooth ball. Allow cake balls to set on a parchment lined cookie sheet for a couple of hours, then dip in choclate or roll in confectioner's sugar or cocoa.

* I made them tiny, like 1 bite sized....you determine your sizes.*

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 6

I made them for the first time a couple weeks ago also and everyone..especially my DH and DD loved them! I guess I will have to make another batch.... icon_biggrin.gif

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 6

Those sound so yummy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%