Grooms Cakes And Other Questions

Decorating By galaglow Updated 16 Apr 2005 , 3:20am by tcturtleshell

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 1:19am
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaglow

Thanks all for the info! I've saved all the recipes and I'll test them out...can't wait to try them (even though it is almost bikini season and I'm off to see Mickey with my daughter at the end of the month). I do recall now the Steel Magnolia quote about the Armadillo cake, Shirley McLaine said, "Looks like an autopsy.." icon_smile.gif Well, I'm still going to try it! LOL! Thanks everyone!

That is so funny! I made a red velvet turtle-shaped cake. We all thought the same thing of that one. A little too realistic!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 12:03am
post #32 of 36

Steel Magnolia was filmed in my HOMETOWN!!!!!! OF Natchitoches, Louisiana!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole town was so proud to have that movie filmed there!!! If anyone ever gets down to Louisiana you have to go see Natchitoches!!!! It is the oldest town on the Louisiana Purchase!!!!! Brick streets it's beautiful!! It is also called the City of Lights. Every year from Thanksgiving to New Years the River Bank (Cane River) is lit up with lights & we have a fireworks display every Saturday night. I feel like a kid everytime I go down there!!!

Another movie that was filmed in my Dad's hometown of Robeline was "Man in the Moon". Has anyone ever heard of it? It was the first movie that the girl from "Legally Blond" starred in. It was a true story!

I'm sorry..... I got off the subject of chocolate cakes!!!!! I'M JUST SO PROUD OF MY STATE!!!!!!!!
I wanted to share that with ya'll!

galaglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galaglow Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 1:13am
post #33 of 36

TC - someday I would love to visit LA. My DH has been there a couple of times for work - he's a welder. Said it was VERY HOT! icon_smile.gif It's a dream of mine to someday ride on one of those fan boats through a swamp (are there swamps near where you live? Hope I don't sound like an idiot asking that!). My daughter's favorite book (she's 6) is Petite Rouge - have you ever read it? It's about a little Cajun girl who meets up with a mean ol gator named Claude on her way to Grandmere's house. Very cute!

tcturtleshell Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 1:21am
post #34 of 36

Well come on down & visit Galaglow~

No, I haven't read it Galaglow. I have read other books like that.

About swamps... we have one behind our house & we have a bayou in front of our house. I have never rode on a fan boats. I don't think I will. I stay out of the swamps! We had an alligator that came up in our yard last July. It was 4 ft a little one. Thank God noone came up on it by accident! My son & hubby caught it & put him back in the bayou. We named him Free Willy, LOL!! My son sees him all the time.

YES! It is very hot here! Thank God for air conditioning!!! My son is taking welding in school this year & next. He's getting pretty good.

Well we got off the cake subject again... PM me if you like~ I love getting to know everyone on CC!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 3:48am
post #35 of 36

TC I love "The Man in The Moon" movie, but it makes me cry every darned time I watch it! Come to think of it, I love "Steel Magnolias" too, and it makes me cry every time I see it...something about those Louisiana movies! I don't think I cried in "The Big Easy" though! Years ago I went into Louisiana for dog shows fairly often. It is hot, but being from Texas, not much different from home!

tcturtleshell Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 3:20am
post #36 of 36

You got that right Janice! There's no difference from LA & Texas. The Man in the Moon is my daughters favorite movie ever! You'll have to come visit me & I can show you were they were both filmed! Ohhh we can't forget Ya~Ya!!! That's my favorite movie!!

Dog shows... Did you come to Shreveport or Bossier?? I love dog shows!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%