Lua Themed Graduation

Decorating By ruralepicure Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 5:53pm by ashley87

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 2:07am
post #1 of 9

I need help!! I have an order for a lua themed graduation.

I found the perfect cupcakes on here BUT the biggest problem is that she wants to do this on a tight budget. I don't feel like working for nothing anytime soon!!

This is also a friend of mine so I don't really want to tell her to go elsewhere. Any ideas?

8 replies
ruralepicure Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:12am
post #2 of 9

Anybody....please?

angkimbrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angkimbrell Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 4:33am
post #3 of 9

what about a 2d drop flower with the stiff bc for the stimen in the middle? there is a cool luau picture here that shows it. You could do one flower on each cupcake in the bright colors.

I'll find the picture for you and post it back ang

ruralepicure Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 12:56am
post #4 of 9

Thanks angkimbrell!!!

I found some awesome cupcakes on here but I would probably charge at least $3/cupcake and that's not going to work with her tight budget.

I'm looking for any ideas/opinions.

Thanks again!

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 9

How many servings does your friend need for the graduation party?

kayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayscake Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 9

ruralepicure, I did a luau graduation cake last year for my neice, this one was a full sheet cake, but something like this could be made smaller, it was my first time making lillies, I think that helped make them look more tropical, my neice wanted something pretty, but here is another luau cake that is more fun. hope they help.
LL
LL

brcorlew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brcorlew Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 9

I did a luau themed graduation last year for my cousin. It was a single layer sheet cake with buttercream frosting. It's in my pictures. It was very easy and after the store bought decorations I only had about $20 into the whole thing. I did one decorated cake for show and I did another sheet cake frosted blue that was cut up and brought out when the cake was cut. It doesn't show it my picture, but I wrote "Congratulations Class of 2006" across the front of the cake. Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley87 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 9

if you have a graduation person cake you could do that and make the person into a hula dancer with the cap on.
Wilton has the graduation pan and i bet there are some on here too.

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%